Blazin' Pedals 6th Annual Daytona 200

Advertise Your NR2003 or Dirt iRacing Special Event Here.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

Re: Blazin' Pedals 6th Annual Daytona 200

Post by JeremyJeffries »

jasonjustis wrote: February 19th, 2014, 10:07 am This is the list of drivers who have locked in a spot in the Daytona 200 tonight on Wednesday, February 19, 2014.

Kevin England
Tollie Wichtman
Matt Narvaez
Joel Wiggins
Luis Irizarry
Jason Justis
Mark Adams
Phillip McCandless
Paul Wolf
Cory Deal
Derek Justis
Paul Hebert
Michel Hebert
Bart Fuerstenberger
Tim Noftsker
J.R. Deal
Blake McCandless
Jeffery McClintock
Joe Ahlin
Sean Case
Michael Bergh
Craig Meyer
Alex Crapser
Tom TerMeer
Jon Van Gorder
Frank Bennett
Chris Robbins
Don Dangler
Rob Larkin
Josh Metallic
Greg Erwin
Brenden Berg

32 drivers have locked in spots for the Daytona 200. If all of these drivers show up, we have 10 open spots for "Go or Go Home" bump qualifying tonight at 8:55 PM EST. If you plan on trying to qualify your way into the show, please get here early so we can get any necessary accounts approved, truck numbers assigned, and car files uploaded and selected correctly.

Look forward to seeing a full field for the 3rd straight year!
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

Re: Blazin' Pedals 6th Annual Daytona 200

Post by JeremyJeffries »

jasonjustis wrote: February 19th, 2014, 3:45 pm We've all been there.

We've all envisioned what it would sound like up in the announcer's booth if we were in a position to win possibly one of the biggest races we will ever be a part of. How would they react? Who would you want to have calling the race of your life?

http://youtu.be/h1b2OYvja_Q?t=27s

http://youtu.be/7FY2w-AwWC8?t=2h49m38s

http://youtu.be/0OdW-VXgMl4?t=3m19s

http://youtu.be/ifsF6QEi7x4?t=2m20s

http://youtu.be/s2-80RgYc6U?t=6m7s

What kind of excitement could you picture the announcers displaying if you crossed the line to win the Daytona 200? With a field this stout, everyone will have their work cut out for them, and that will make winning this event mean so much more. It's one of the marquee Blazin' Pedals events that every driver wants to cross off his list, one that only a few have been able to do before.

So what would it mean to you to win at Daytona?

Daytona is the Holy Land for NASCAR, winning there is one of the more recognized wins we could hope for. With it being our first race of the season it really sets the tone for the year. This is one race i set out and put forth more effort to win every year.
- Craig Meyer, #5 Tide Chevrolet Silverado

I've won at Daytona many times, but it would be incredible to win the Daytona 200 here at Blazin Pedals considering the amazing and talented drivers here!
- Tim Noftsker, #00 Chevrolet Silverado

I've won 15 races here at BP so far and I have yet to win on a superspeedway. Coming to the checkered flag first in tonight's race would mean a whole lot to me as I will finally be able to cross it off my "to-do" list.
- Matt Narvaez, #2 Reach Out Worldwide Chevrolet Silverado

A win at Daytona would be really special, because of the luck and skill it takes. Everybody there has an equal shot to win, so you need something extra to pull it off.
- Michael Bergh, #1 Taco Net/Hydronic Chevrolet Silverado

Although I don’t consider myself a restrictor plate expert I have been in the right place at that right time and was able to win from last in a full field at Daytona at Blazin' Pedals before. To be able to repeat a win at the crown jewel of NASCAR would be a great feat and very lucky!
- Mark Adams, #28 RPM Engines Chevrolet Silverado

A win at Daytona would mean the world. I've seen the likes of the King, Andretti, Pearson, Earnhardt Sr., Gordon, and Johnson become legends by winning at Daytona, and my racing career will not be complete without winning a points race at Daytona and joining that list of legendary racers.
- Paul Wolf, #89 Caterpillar Chevrolet Silverado

Only a select few have been fortunate enough to make this prestigious event. Even fewer have had the opportunity to take the point and lead laps during the Daytona 200. Even fewer still have tasted victory lane at Daytona in aspects of other leagues, other races, other series. But only one can win tonight. Fireworks have erupted over this race in the past, and if the racing we've seen in the Daytona Duels is any indication of what we'll see tonight, the 6th annual Daytona 200 may just be the most competitive event in this race's history. This victory will be one to remember for a long time.

This is not just the place where drivers dream to race, it's where dreams are made. This is Daytona.

One Year Ago...: On February 20, 2013 at Daytona International Speedway, #29 Luis Irizarry held the lead on a restart with just five laps remaining, hoping to hold off #16 Jason Justis and prevent Justis' team from winning their fifth consecutive Daytona 200. When a quick caution after the green displayed meant that the restart would only be one green flag lap long, Justis laid back in order to try and set Irizarry up coming to the finish line. As they exited turn 4, Justis shot to the outside, looking to get some pushing help from behind, but Irizarry held serve, and Irizarry scored his first Daytona 200 victory by a scant 0.04 seconds at the finish line on the last green flag lap of the race.

Here's what you need to know for the race tonight:

Mod: The Image Image and Imageuse the NCTS09 v1.1 mod, which is found under the "Downloads" section inside the "NR2003 Series Mods" page of the home page.
Track: Daytona_SDT_Day. This track can be found under the "Superpeedways" section of our "Tracks" downloads page.
Setup: BP Daytona 200
Race Server: "Blazin' Pedals" in SMS Lobby
Race Server Password: bp2013
TeamSpeak 3 IP: [url=ts3server://bpteamspeak.com?port=9987]bpteamspeak.com[/url]
TeamSpeak 3 Password: nascar2012

TeamSpeak 3 Note: Having TeamSpeak is not required to run races with us, since we realize that there are certain machine limitations that don't allow some of us to do so. However, if you can run TeamSpeak during a race, it is strongly recommended you do, as it greatly enhances the racing experience. Plus, it keeps a few less fingers off the keyboard.

Our downloads page is password protected. You will need to have requested a number in the Available Number List thread thread to gain access.

All times EST.

Event: Daytona 200
Date: Wednesday, February 19th, 2014
Practice: ~7:30 PM
Preliminary Qualifying: 8:55 PM
Qualifying: ~9:05 PM
Happy Hour: None
Race: ~9:10 PM
Race Length: 40%, 80 laps
Pit Frequency: 2X
Yellows: On
Weather: Fixed 70 degrees clear with ~no wind
Damage: Realistic
Double File Restarts: On
Setup: BP Daytona 200

This is looking to be one of the most competitive Daytona 200's in the history of this race, and we couldn't be happier at the support that has been shown from all over the place as drivers look to try and win a piece of prestigious history. This will be one heck of an event, and we will fill out the rest of the field tonight during preliminary bump qualifying at 8:55 PM EST. The prepare for one of the biggest spectacles that Blazin' Pedals will hold all year!

Jason Justis

P.S. It was noted in the State of the League Address that we would be asking drivers before the race starts to choose between Image and Image to apply their points towards the championship, and that drivers will be scored based on other drivers who chose the same series as them. As we are switching to the new and improved SMS Lobby and points manager sometime this season, this race will now use the standard 43-1 point system that any other truck race will use this year, regardless of series affiliation. In addition, drivers who miss this race or who join the series later will not receive any provisional points for this race. The standard 20 provisional points will be applied as normal starting next week at Phoenix for both truck series.

P.S.S. If you liked this post, give it a thumbs up at the top!

Return to “Advertise Your Special Racing Event Here”