Attachments
20240104_L54.zip
(753.44 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
JoshM
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 39

Re: Season 61 - Tally Challenge Protests

Post by JoshM »

Ok got it. Replay has been submitted to the Replay Review Committee. I will respond here when they have made a call on the incident.
JoshM
RTG Staff Member

Post by JoshM »

The Replay Review Committee reviewed this incident and upheld the original call.
emXry
Tricycle Jockey
Tricycle Jockey
Car#: 52

Post by emXry »

"Post-race penalty- #616 is charged with Reckless Driving for never lifting and driving through a multi-car wreck and eventually flipping his car avoiding other cars that had slowed for the caution. Per RTG rules, the penalty is last place in the standings."

Can you please quote/specify exactly where in the rules is the 616 penalty. I dont see it. Looks to me since he didnt affect anyones race/cause damage, it should be just a warning at the most, and he keeps his earned finishing position.
JoshM
RTG Staff Member

Post by JoshM »

Hi Chris-

Incidents are about wrecks/yellow flags and often times damage to other cars from those wrecks. Penalties such as Overaggressive Driving, Careless Driving, and Reckless Driving are about how drivers are expected to conduct themselves on the track. For example, if a driver is unable to control his car and is all over the place (hitting the apron or drifting up the track constantly, etc), they could receive a Careless Driving penalty. Another example would be if a driver were to constantly block EVERY move in a race; he could get an overaggressive penalty.

Neither of these examples have to cause incidents for there to be a need to address them. The rules have penalties associated with them as well.

We did give a Careless Driving warning just last week prior instead of an actual Careless Driving penalty since nobody else's race was affected, so I will give Jerm the same treatment with a warning only and allow his position to be kept. PLEASE BE AWARE we are done giving warnings; if a driver does something that is considered Careless or Reckless, there will not be anymore warnings and the penalties handed out per the RTG rules.
BobSem711
Car#: 712

Post by BobSem711 »

Race 10 Lap 37.
Hey guys, can you please review the incident called on me on lap 37 while I was running with the lead cars. Simply, there was a lot of TS communication in regards to where guys were going to pit from as we're told at almost every driver meeting. The 77 said he was going low and the 28 said he was going middle, as a result I was going high on entering. From the replay you can see the 28 stayed up on the racing surface as he slowed early. I stayed high as long as I could while managing getting off the racing surface and I had no where to go at that point. I had damage and served anyway. Thank you BobSeminara712
lap 37 28.zip
(593.58 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
JoshM
RTG Staff Member

Post by JoshM »

Hi Bob. No problem. We will send this to the Replay Committee today. We will reply back when they make the final call. Thanks
JoshM
RTG Staff Member

Post by JoshM »

JoshM wrote: March 17th, 2024, 1:44 pm Hi Bob. No problem. We will send this to the Replay Committee today. We will reply back when they make the final call. Thanks
Just an FYI- the protest was successful. The incident on #712 will be changed to a 'no-call'.
BobSem711
Car#: 712

Post by BobSem711 »

Hi guys, please look over this incident charged to me on pit road on lap 35 while running in 2nd place. The 23 came across my nose as I was exiting. As I quickly turned the wheel and righted the car I got into the 143 who was pitting from the middle lane of pit road( all the way down pit road) and I believe he turned in his stall too early also. The 143 was in 3 incidents on that very pitstop... Please look from the helicopter view, I'm not sure what I could've done. Thank you Bob
Attachments
61 r13 lap 35.zip
(1.99 MiB) Downloaded 9 times

Return to “Incident Protest Submissions”