Other
18%

Total votes: 17
riccisand
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 84

Re: *Sunday Series*

Post by riccisand »

MattWoehl wrote: March 16th, 2013, 5:19 pm Well guys, we are trying to decide what we would like to run on sundays. Here are the current options, let me know what you think! If you select other, please leave your option and ideas! :)

ARCA Remax Series: This series would try to run close with the 2013 schedule, with added tracks (Some Dirt, Some Road Course). gns Physics Real 2013 Schedule

Indy Car Series: Unsure if we would run the IndyCar_Racing or OWR_06/07. We are shooting for IndyCar_Racing mod, pending on server. This series would run 4 ovals to every 1 road course.

Dirt Series: Go back to either running 358 Late Models, Dirt 55's or 358 Modifieds.

POLL CLOSES MARCH 23RD!
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

JoshM wrote: March 16th, 2013, 8:05 pm Personally, I'd like to see a series that runs mostly speedways between 3/4 mile to 2 mile tracks. Tracks like ORP, Iowa, Memphis, Nashville, Texas, Ontario, and other tracks not used much like Texas World and American Raceway. And then throw in a few curve balls like road course races at Silverstone, Barber, and/or Mosport.

I'm not a fan of the OWR mod with 2k3. If it was RFactor or IRacing, I'd be all for it. With those tracks above, I'd run Cup, GNS, or CTS physics. Sundays are not a good night for me generally, but I'd def make a handful of races with those tracks on the schedule.

Just my 2 cents is all.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Crazy wrote: March 16th, 2013, 8:54 pm well I spoke with 2slow and matt today about this,and I am not interested in a asphalt only series,sundays have been dirt for the past 3 yrs anyhow and even though the numbers are down a car count of 12-14 to me would offer some good solid racing
we have enough black top racing here with mutli series offering different tracks,sizes,shapes,lengths etc etc but thats me.

The reason I came to RTR was to run a series,along came sean,todd,dark with me,I probably would quit online racing all together in all honesty but then Im a dirt guy not a asphalt guy,never really have been OR find another league on dirt out there

Now 2slow said we could run or copy an Arca series but not the Arca MOD if we enough didnt want to so what I propose is a Indy car series along with a 358 race tossed in say every 3rd week to keep drivers on their toes, I think Indy cars would be different just cuz the track grip offers a bit different asphalt racing rather than our other black top series

thats where I stand,either way its been a long haul but a fun one the past 10 yrs we'll see where this takes me
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Scheck wrote: March 16th, 2013, 9:32 pm Arca all the way :aikido:
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Cyber wrote: March 17th, 2013, 8:43 am I like the Dirt 55 mod
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Gary Elliott wrote: March 17th, 2013, 12:38 pm :wave: Hey!!! I would like to see the Dirt 358's. They are fun and give some unique diversity from what we normally race during the week. I don't think we need another paved track series.

I would go with Sprints as well but understand they are not as friendly as 358's, so I choose the 358 Mod and hope we get them back. :beg:
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

uh60spike wrote: March 17th, 2013, 5:04 pm I would have to agree with Crazy, in that there is already too much asphalt racing , and we need a dirt series. I would like to see and open wheel series (Sprints or midgets) using the R-factor mod. The Boz sprints are great and so is the USAC midget mod, neither of these mods are hard to drive or require a huge learning curve, some minor sensitivity adjustments are about all that is required. Further more, if we are going to run on dirt lets make it an open wheel series...stocks (fenders) on dirt don't cut it in my book.

Another suggestion would be a road course series using the Megane Trophy Cup cars, (r-factor) these cars have lots of down force and are a blast to drive. I occasionally run these on Saturdays at a LAN center, and can tell you guys we have a lot of side by side, door banging fun with many races being determined by only a couple 1000th's of a second between 2 to 3 drivers.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

MattWoehl wrote: March 17th, 2013, 5:19 pm Rfactor is going away all together, its not the mod that is causing the small car count, it's people not having the resources to run the game itself.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

MattWoehl wrote: March 21st, 2013, 9:50 pm*Bump*

Return to “RTR General Discussion”