a great perspective on the last 24 hours thank you prime

BONESXLT
RTG Owner
RTG Owner
Car#: 3

a great perspective on the last 24 hours thank you prime

Post by BONESXLT »

BONESXLT wrote: February 14th, 2016, 12:57 pm So sad to see so much that went on with last nights race and during the event. I feel partly responsible for last night. Nobody was told this, as the reason I did not race this week was that I provided all the setups for this weeks races. Countless hours went into that Texas setup to make it provide the best racing it could. It did not. When Rich and DRL decided to pick up and run the event this year, that was part of the allure of how they wanted to put a twist on it, with multiple tracks and unknown setups, so that the drivers would be challenged to adapt to several different and challenging types of racing. They should be commended for the incredible effort that was put into this event to make it a quality affair.

Unfortunately, as we know from doing these type events, they also bring out the worst things we see in the sim community.

This event was originally created to be about the drivers and all getting together to celebrate this sim we all love spending our time with within the NRT community, whether you belong to a league with three members or three hundred members. But this event has shown you can't stop the ultra competitive nature of groups creating all the things we hate about this sim, constant gripping, accusations of cheating, impropriety or foul play, etc... Sadly, this does go on every single year but mostly behind the scenes, and having Rich, Phil and Todd have to get it reported to them by admins from different leagues that were doing the event this year made that magnify. It's a thankless job and literally took a toll on Terry's health to the point it was a major factor in us not putting the event on this year. It just got exacerbated by the format this year and all sim drivers wanting and being used to the perfect racing conditions they are accustomed to. Rich did not hide what he wanted in this event and the tracks were out there since the announcement. We were happy to assist in anyway we could for the event and the community. He is probably regretting asking all the admins in our meeting to report anything they here to him lol. Truly a thankless job, but it shouldn't be.

One of the things we all know, and have shown through these style events is that the NR2003 community can be something we all are proud to be part of. It also has shown that it can be one massive, crazy, dysfunctional family of personalities and groups. But we all love it, and at the end of the day, like it or not, we are all united together in this community.

This event was professionally run by great people in our community. Without people like Dave and NRT we would be very limited on our ability to do what we love, which if anyone has forgotten, is to get together and share friendship while competing and racing. This event is supposed to be celebrating that we have this ability to do this and have fun together as one large family once a year thanks to NRT. Dave is a very integral and welcome part of our family and treating the event in his name so badly was not fair in the slightest. I don't blame him for being hurt and hope he heals, as our world would not be the same without him. That's why we have an event in his name. We appreciate all Dave does for us and value his friendship.

Let's get past this, but MOST importantly, let's thank Dave for providing us a place to race and to be our giant dysfunctional family, and thank those who put the massive tireless and thankless effort that went into trying to make these events for you. Thank you all!

And finally a special shout out to two of the most professional figures I have come across in my time with this sim and community, Phil LaCasse Jr. and Todd Stanton. Gentleman is was my honor to see you in action on and off the air this week.

Prime
BONESXLT
RTG Owner
RTG Owner
Car#: 3

Re: a great perspective on the last 24 hours thank you prime

Post by BONESXLT »

JoshM wrote: February 15th, 2016, 10:06 am Constructive criticism and respectful disagreements on tracks, setups, admin calls, and everything else are fine as long as it done without spitting in the face of the people give up their time and/or money to provide the racing at zero charge to anyone. And let's not pretend all of the bashing was directed strictly at the track or the racing itself. We try to provide a place where any driver from any league can feel welcome. But some of the personal attacks were bordering on pure hatred.

Personally speaking, I hate thieves, rapists, people who abuse kids and animals, crooked politicians, etc. I don't hate people from a f#cking video game whose viewpoints, personality, driving skill, or ethics don't match up 100% with mine.

I'm all for calling out and exposing those who cheat, intentionally wreck, or pull dirty rotten tactics to get their way. If any of them were to show up at RTG, I have no doubts they would be banned before they could ask where to download the track or car files.

But damn, once some people form a negative opinion on someone or find something they dislike in someone else, nothing else matters after that. A driver could give a kidney to a sick child, and there would still be bashing because of what they think that driver stands for or who he races with online. I don't know if that's a personality disorder or a mental defect, but I don't think I care anymore.

Return to “RTG News and Announcements”