Thursdays @ 8pm EST with the Aero88.

Moderators: Wylye, JoshM

KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 99

SEASON 16 (a.k.a. 38) INCIDENT REPORTS

Post by KickinAsphalt »

JoshM wrote: May 7th, 2016, 1:10 pm RACE 1 5/5/16

LAP 33 #07 moves down to the bottom line, but there is not enough room to squeeze in. #07 makes contact w/ #66. #66 checks up to avoid spinning #07, and #66 is then bumped and spun by #10. #07 is at fault for this incident and is docked 1 lap in the final standings. While #66 was a lap down, lap down cars are not expected to give way to lead lap cars unless it is near the end of the race. Had this been in the last 10 laps AND #66 was not racing anyone for position, this would have been called differently.

Lap 56 #428 hits and spins #088 while entering pit road; #428 DID serve his penalty, but in reverse which we will allow.

Lap 62 #96 (who was a lap down) obstructs and blocks a group of lead lap group of cars resulting in a wreck. #96 did not serve a penalty so he is docked 1 lap in the final standings. #96 is also charged with Reckless driving and is docked an additional lap.

Note- on Lap 40, a car was hit twice while in his pit stall and received damage. He started at the very back of the field so he had the first pit stall on pit road. There is already a rule against driving down pit road through the pit stalls and the merge/middle lane and making contact, but the rules do not address contact made upon entry of pit road when drivers are fanned out and make contact with the cars who have the very first pit boxes on pit road. From this point forward, we WILL penalize drivers who enter the pits on the leftside of pit road and hit cars in their pit stalls. There is no rule that says how you have to enter pit road, but if you enter on the far left side and hit a driver in his pit stall, this WILL be considered an incident on you. Like blocking or entering the pits from the high side, the rule only comes into effect if someone is wrecked; otherwise, it is a non-issue.

DNQ's: none.
1 and parks: #07, #428, #96
Parked next race: none
Penalties: #96 is charged w/ Reckless driving for failure being a lap down and failing to yield for an on-coming group of lead lap cars which led to a wreck. This is a 1 lap penalty.

I will bump the thread once points have been updated. There may have been some erroneous black flags for people not in the correct position, so we want to verify that before posting the points.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Re: SEASON 16 (a.k.a. 38) INCIDENT REPORTS

Post by KickinAsphalt »

JoshM wrote: May 13th, 2016, 10:39 pm RACE 2 5/12/16

LAP 19 There was a pack of cars on their out-lap from the pits while the rest of the pack preparing to pit at the exit of turn 4. #2 (pitted previous lap) gets into #96 (pitting this lap). Despite the confusion and mix of cars on different strategies, I still have to put this on #96 as he started to decelerate while he was in the middle lane of the racing surface and not close enough to the portion of the track reserved for slowing to pit. #96 was on a 1-and-park and he did park. ALSO, #75 is charged an incident for secondary contact. He did not serve a penalty and is docked 1 lap in the final standings.

Lap 28 #46 gets into #18 and spins him. The yellow did not come out so this is a drive-through penalty. #46 did not serve the penalty and is docked 1 lap in the final standings.

Lap 29 #69 loses a motor; no incident charged.

Lap 51 #67 clips #095 to cause an incident. I was not aware #67 started the contact and we gave #67 the Lucky Dog. I apologize for that. Without an "eye in the sky" or someone telling us a Lucky Dog recipient was involved in the accident, we don't know until the Incident Report is done. #67's Lucky Dog is taken away in the final standings. ALSO, #77 spun upon entering pit road on the same lap as the incident, but no other cars were involved, so no penalty is charged.

Lap 58 #71 clips #37; #71 served his penalty.

Lap 65 #712 is riding to closely behind the car ahead of him and when he tries to line up behind him, his car gets a small bumper-hook. While he is able to save it, when he gets back into line, he then bumper-hooks the #4 car, starting the incident. #712 is charged w/ the incident and docked 1 lap in the final standings.

DNQ's: none.
DNQs- none
1 and parks: #96, #75, #46, #67, #71, #712

The wreck to finish the race happened at the exit of turn 4, so the points will be based on how the drivers crossed the S/F line. If some drivers were penalized because other drivers did not get in line before the conclusion of the race, we will fix those finishing positions.

Also, this was another FANTASTIC race. I apologize for losing my cool on multiple occasions during the race. The amount of chatter on public and whisper had me totally lost as to what was going on and I lost my patience. But as for the racing, I saw 4-wide racing several times and the drivers did a beautiful job of avoiding a wreck each time. This is 2 weeks in a row of some of the best racing I can remember. If not for the pitting miscues and blown motors, we could be heading into Week 3 with only ONE caution so far. GREAT driving by all!

While the racing was great, I had a few complaints about questionable moves on the track. I reviewed the situations that were brought to my attention, and while I would completely agree they were aggressive, I would not call them OVER-aggressive. I did not see any cars rooted out of line or put into a "no-win" situation. The moves I saw left the other drivers a full lane available to them and did not have to change lanes to avoid an accident. Had I seen that, penalties would have been issued. HOWEVER, the flip-side to that is if you want to race people in that manner, you better expect others to cut you no slack and go out of their way to NOT work with you. This is racing; every action by you has a reaction by all of your competitors.

Lastly, a HUGE thanks to David Day for giving up his position for another driver who had a computer problem while in knockout quals. After making it into the race, David Day willingly gave up his spot for another driver. Because of this, David Day is locked into the next race he attends.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

JoshM wrote: May 20th, 2016, 11:02 pm RACE 3 5/19/16

Lap 20 #44 starts slowing to pit before getting down on the racing surface. This causes an accordion effect behind him and then a wreck. This is an incident on #44, per the rules: "For Superspeedways, you must make every attempt to get off the racing surface before slowing down. If you are the first car in line coming to pit, this shouldn't be a problem. If you slow down and a wreck occurs as a result, you will likely be charged with the incident." #44 did not serve the penalty and is docked 1 lap in the final standings.

Lap 34 #96 tries to jump to the high line but cuts across the nose of #04 and caused a wreck. #96 parked.

Lap 40 During a checkup on the low-side, #66 bumps #110 at the entrance of turn one. This causes a bigger check-up and wreck from behind. Incident on #66 who served his penalty.

Lap 40 #25 and #6 are charged with secondary contact. #25 was second-to-last car on the restart, so I'll consider this penalty served. UPDATE: the incident on #25 was overturned by the Replay Review Committee. #6 did not serve a penalty and is docked a lap in the final standings.

Lap 51 #59 loses a motor; no incident charged.

Lap 52 While entering the pits, #77 goes underneath #7 at pit road entrance. This is only allowed when the leading car is over 5 mph below the pit speed which is what happened, so #77's move was legal. #7 then slows more to allow the up-to-speed cars around so he can turn into his pit box, which causes a wreck behind him. This is considered an incident on #7 who served his penalty.

Lap 56 Down the back stretch, #128 moves from the middle to low line. This move was clean and legal; it was not a block and did force anyone to check out of the gas to allow him into line. Meanwhile, #77 is being pushed by #095 who is being pushed by #088. #088 continues to push into turn 3 which shoves #095 into #77 and causes a wreck. #088 served his penalty.

Lap 62 #22 gets tight on the low side, drifts up, and cracks the throttle to avoid contact w/ #44. As this happens, #77 goes under #22. #22 reacts to avoid contact and clips #44. I initially had this on #77 for forcing the issue, but after further review, I felt #77 was left with two bad choices- go under #22 and hope for a clean pass, or check out of the throttle and get wrecked from behind. Because of this, I have to put this incident on #22 who retired.

Lap 62 Secondary contact is also charged to #095 and #25. UPDATE: the incident on #25 was upheld by the Replay Review Comittee.

Lap 66 Coming to the restart, neither car on the front row correctly kept pace. #128's speed fluctuated between 64 to 74 mph, and the #428 was at 77 mph when the green came out. The front row MUST keep within 5 mph of the pace speed. After the restart, #128 makes a move low on #428 down the backstretch. Seeing that nobody goes with him, he tries to get back into line but #4 had already filled the position. #128 moves up into #4 and causes the incident.

Lap 66 Secondary contact charged to #67 and #095 (his second, scoring stopped on this lap).

DNQs- none
1 and parks: #96, #75, #67, #44, #66, #6, #7, #088, #22, #128, #25
1 and park (next 2 races): #095
Parked next race: #128 and #67 are parked next week for Unsportsmanlike driving.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

JoshM wrote: May 30th, 2016, 8:18 pm RACE 4 5/26/16

Lap 15 #19 bumper-hooks himself off the car in front of him and causes a wreck. #19 did not serve his penalty and is docked 1 lap.

Lap 21 #2 loses control of his car temporarily. #07 checks up to avoid wrecking #2 but is then hit from behind. Incident charged to #2 who served his penalty.

Lap 28 #43 gets into #96 and causes an incident. #43 did not serve his penalty and is docked 1 lap. ALSO, #103 is charged w/ secondary contact. #103 took the Lucky Dog instead of serving a penalty and is docked 1 lap.

Lap 33 #07 blows a motor; no incident charged. There is also no penalty for secondary contact in this incident.

Lap 56 #14 gets into #428, #14 retired. On the same lap coming to the S/F line, #04 hooks #103 and causes a secondary wreck; #04 served his penalty.

Lap 62 After some bumping and checking up in the bottom lane, #712 bumps #45. #45 and #71 lost the draft but did not crash. Despite nobody wrecking this would be considered an incident or a "racin' deal." There were two check-ups, and #712 successfully slowed down for the first, but he did not have enough time to react to the second. I am calling this a "racin' deal" as I cannot place blame on any particular driver, and all the drivers involved did their best to avoid it.

Lap 65 Similar to the Lap 62 incident, there was an accordion effect that caused a wreck. There was little to no time for drivers to react and it got worse the deeper the check-ups went. As much as I hate to do it, I have to call this a "racin' deal" again as the incident was not due to over-aggressive driving or lack of awareness. The final results will be updated this evening as some cars received black flags coming back to the yellow/checkers due to other cars not getting up to speed.

1 and parks: #75, #67, #22, #128, #095, #19, #2, #43, #103, #14, #04
1 and park (next 2 races): none

Points have been updated, and the Bracket Series starts next week!--- http://challonge.com/MSR_38
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

JoshM wrote: June 3rd, 2016, 11:20 pm RACE 5 6/2/16

Lap 10 #18 gives a bad bump to #129 to cause an incident; #18 served his penalty. ALSO, #710 is charged an incident for secondary contact and served his penalty.

Lap 31 #428 slows to pit BEFORE exiting the racing surface and gets spun by #38 as a result. The yellow did not come out AND #428 was the only car to spin, so no penalty is required. ALSO, #65 spun entering the pits, but that did not bring out a yellow either so no penalties are charged.

Lap 32 #25 and #09 are charged with incidents entering the pits; both drivers served their penalties.

Lap 52 In the pits, #39 and #112 make contact on pit road and collect #128 (I normally don't make calls on my own incidents, but I also don't want to make others take the time to review and make the same call I would make simply for the sake of preventing people to claim I'm biased in favor of myself). #128 was coming out of the pits as #39 was about to turn into his (#39's pit stall was the next one beyond #128's stall). #39 slowed to avoid contact w/ #128 and was hit from behind from #112. #39 had already moved to the middle lane to give #112 the outside lane, but there was not enough time to avoid contact. No incidents are charged as this is a typical unfortunate "racin' deal" on pit road.

Lap 66 #25 gets into #66. This the second incident for #25 and he parked.

1 and parks: #75, #22, #18, #710, #09
1 and park (next 2 races): #25

Bracket Series- http://challonge.com/MSR_38
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

JoshM wrote: June 4th, 2016, 1:18 pm I almost forgot to say GREAT job by Jason Scheck on the win, coming from dead last to get a long overdue victory!
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

timoshark1 wrote: June 13th, 2016, 9:16 pm RACE 6 06/09/16

Lap 12 #65 Larry Yeager Jr. Blows a motor causing a multi-car wreck. No incident charged for mechanical failure.

Lap 34 While making green flag pit stops, #80 is bumped by #39 and eventually spun by the #069. No penalty will be charged because upon pit entry, everyone fanned out accordingly. Those drivers who could move up to the far right lane did so. The drivers who stayed in the merge (middle) lane did so because there were cars on the right of them so they had to hold their lane. This is a perfect example of why it is so important to communicate with other drivers using teamspeak while pitting.

Lap 56 While in a five car draft, the #088 bumps the second car in line, #33. The #088 backs off his bumper slightly to allow him to move back up in line and is hit off center by the #44 Joe Dispirito. The #088 only dropped one mile per hour before contact. Incident on the #44. This incident was reviewed by other admins because I was involved. The #44 correctly served his penalty stop.

Lap 66 The #77 Donnie Garrett is in a tight draft with #17 Chuck McClure and #095 John Forgione. They are on the inside line closing on then leader #2. When they catch the #2, the #77 moves up slightly and doesn't hit the #2 square and turns him down slightly. After this contact the #77 hits the #2 off center hooking the #2's bumper and makes contact with the #128 who is in the high line causing a multi-car incident. The #77 will be moved back appropriately in the final standings.

1 and parks: #44, #77, #75, #22, #09, 710 and #25

DNQ's NONE

Great race guys and congrats to Richard Martin on his first win on Thursday night and at RTG!!!
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

timoshark1 wrote: June 20th, 2016, 6:17 pm RACE 7 6/16/16

Lap 19 #25 Brian Bell spins the #43 as he was attempting to make a pit stop. Although the #43 slightly reduced his speed, it was comparable to everyone else that was pitting. The #25 was on a one and park and didn't park himself. He will be further penalized post race and his scoring will be stopped on this lap.

Lap 20 #096 Mark Newton attempts to merge up after exiting the pits and clips the #095 spinning him onto the racing surface causing a multi-car incident. The #096 retired.

Lap 20 While attempting to miss the initial wreck, the #95 Dave Earlywine comes to almost a complete stop on the racing surface leaving the #33 no chance to avoid him. While we encourage guys to slow for accidents, reducing your speed too much can also cause an unnecessary incident. #95 retired.

Lap 39 #14 Brian Hoag has a major warping issue causing multiple drivers to wreck. #14 retired

Lap 44 On a restart, #48 Alex Davis spins the #6 entering turn 1 causing a caution. #48 correctly served his penalty.

Lap 44 After the caution was displayed, #71 Brian Orto spins the #48 in a secondary incident. The #71 did not correctly serve his penalty and will be -1 lap in the final standings.

Lap 50 The #25 Brian Bell applies the clutch while racing in the low line of cars causing a check up behind him and inevitably an incident between the #6 and #128.

Lap 64 Before the exit of turn 4, the #103 of Carson Krenz bumps the #712 causing a check up. As a result of this, the #038 spins the #103 causing a multi-car incident. The #103 parked.

1 and parks: #22, #75, #710, #096, #95, #14, #48, #71, #103

Penalties: The #25 Brian Bell will be parked for the next 2 races in this series and will be on a 1 and park for the next two races in this series when he returns.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

JoshM wrote: June 25th, 2016, 1:24 pm RACE 8 6/23/16

Lap 4 #19 slides up into #6 causing a wreck. The yellow came out for a separate incident the following lap so #19 served his penalty during this time correctly.[/color]

Lap 5 #103 gives a bad bump to #77, which knocks #77 slightly sideways. #43 is also on the bumper of #103. #77 may have had a chance to straighten his car up but #43 bumps #103 back into #77 which causes an incident. Both #103 and #43 are charged w/ the incident. #103 was already on a 1-and-park but did not park, so he is parked for next week. #43 did not serve his penalty and is docked 1 lap in the final standings.

Lap 28 #712 gets bumped in the side by #80 while both were coming into the pits. #712 was on the pitting entry (he was not on the racing surface), so the incident is charged to #80. #80 served his penalty.

1 and parks: #22, #75, #710, #096, #95, #48, #103, #19, #43, #80
1 and park (next two races): #25

Penalties: #25 is parked for the next race in this series and will be on a 1-and-park for the next TWO races in this series.
#103 is parked for the next race in this series and will be on a 1-and-park for his next race in this series.

Only 2 cautions. Great job! We will update this thread when points have been updated.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

JoshM wrote: July 4th, 2016, 12:51 pm RACE 9 6/30/16

Lap 10 #088 moves up and bumps #43 to start a wreck. #088 charged w/ incident and served his penalty.

Lap 20 #6 blows an engine; no penalty charged for mechanical failure.

Lap 33 #46 gives a bad bump to #17; #46 served his penalty.

Lap 66 Coming to the S/F line, #4 clips #712 and several cars wreck crossing the line. If nobody had lost or gained position during this wreck, then there would be no penalty, but because some finishing positions were affected, #4 is charged w/ the incident.

1 and parks: #22, #75, #710, #096, #088, #46, #4
1 and park (next two races): #25

The blown motor crash unfortunately damaged a lot of cars, but the racing up to that point was INCREDIBLE! Good job on the win Donnie!

Once again, I apologize for getting this incident report done so late. I had a family emergency to deal with that has taken up most of my weekend and will continue for some time. ALSO, please keep the RTG and ECT family in your prayers. Both communities lost longtime friends and drivers in Lin Voiles and Larry Yeager, Sr. It's weeks like this that remind us what is truly important.

Return to “Tally Challenge”