Car #74 and the guy that drives it

Thursdays @ 8pm EST with the Aero88.

Moderators: Wylye, JoshM

KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 99

Car #74 and the guy that drives it

Post by KickinAsphalt »

pano27 wrote: May 12th, 2017, 2:26 pm Ok, so I haven't had the best run of luck lately...not just in a video game either. When it comes to Thursday nights I try to relax from the crapstorm that is my daily life, and sometimes the game can be frustrating. I think I set a record for pit road black flags in one race.

I come here to race because I have friends here, well one anyway. I try to show respect to the guys that have been here a long time. In the tv finale I even gave up my race to push another driver that ran out of gas. Not somebody I know, not a friend or a teammate, but someone who is respected here.

I get in wrecks, not often but I do, I push hard, I try to get to the front. I'm not here to ride around in 29th. I own my stuff and admit when I'm wrong.

Last few weeks I got called out on teamspeak and I don't think I earned that. Three weeks ago chris hart makes a lane change in front of me and I punted him, i get called out for not checking up and giving the spot. Two weeks ago I do the same thing chris hart did to me in front of Brian hoag so I can get to pit road and again I get called out for being in the wrong. Last night I get called out because I wrecked with jim black when we were both laps down. Well I feel I had every right to be where I was, there were cars that fell out and I was racing to gain those spots and salvage an otherwise crappy showing.

I haven't watched the replay but I was told after that I clipped the apron and shot up but also that jim came down. Were we both wrong? Maybe, but there's no rule that cars a lap down have to retire or hit the brakes and stay out of the draft either. My regret is that Bernie mobbs got wrecked in it and I think prime did too. A race though isn't just the leaders, it's everybody in the race and I have just as much right to race as josh who won last night.

I don't know what else I need to do to gain respect here, it seems every week I'm doing something that pisses somebody off when half the time I'm just trying to go. I have less friends than Danica Patrick in the draft to the point where people will go three wide in 28th rather than push me.

If there's something I'm doing wrong, I'm asking for you guys to tell me. I want to race here, I want to have friends here, and I want to have fun. I don't feel I have much of that.

Call this my Ernie Irvan stand up in the drivers meeting (incidentally at talladega) moment.

I'm asking to be a part of this series, it's up to all of you to tell me if I'm welcome or not.

Dan Pantaleo
#74NY Ford
Dirty 3rd Racing

(Named after my infantry platoon in Korea. Not because I try and race dirty)
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Re: Car #74 and the guy that drives it

Post by KickinAsphalt »

timoshark1 wrote: May 12th, 2017, 5:42 pm I guess I had no idea that you were having problems Dan, for that I am truly sorry. I guess it's easy for me as a racer to get caught up in the moment, but as an admin it's inexcusable if one of our drivers is having an issue. If you are referring to the incident report as "being called out", then any of the Thursday admin team would be happy to review the replay of the incident with you on teamspeak to explain how the call was made and maybe a possible way things could have played out differently. We value EVERY driver in our series and the fact that we have battles for every position on the track is what keeps our guys coming back. Sometimes we help drivers with qualifying, wheel settings, or just about anything we can. I consider this league part of my extended family and if one of my family is having a problem, I intend to do anything in my power to help them. Let me know if you would like to get together on teamspeak and we'll see if we can get some of your issues figured out. We pride ourselves on providing a fun place to race. Let me know if you would like to meet with me. Thanks!!

#088 Tim Noftsker
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

pano27 wrote: May 12th, 2017, 6:36 pm Tim,
No admin called me out and I've never had a problem with any call made on me in the incident report. What I'm referring to is comments made on teamspeak during the races.

I got a warning last season for getting worked up on teamspeak during a race in the incident report but when it's someone saying something about me I haven't heard or seen anything back.

The series has been fair to me from an admin perspective.

I would like to speak with yourself and josh before next weeks race, maybe during practice
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

pano27 wrote: May 12th, 2017, 7:30 pm And I guess overall what I'm saying is this:

On teamspeak I can't see who is talking, I only have one monitor and never successfully figured out an overlay for ts3 like 2 had.

If anyone wants to address anything I'm doing I am here to listen, I want the air cleared and the problem solved so I can go back to having fun on Thursdays and not wonder who has a grudge from the last week.

I'm 42, a veteran whose seen his fair share, and I'm married.......

I can take anything anybody has to say
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

timoshark1 wrote: May 12th, 2017, 8:18 pm From an admin standpoint we DO NOT like it when those snide remarks are made. We tolerate it to a small extent knowing how competitive these races can be with emotions running at a high level. We will be more diligent in policing these occasions where drivers can't control their outbursts and will reiterate this point in the next driver's meeting for sure. Everyone is held to the same standard and need to remember that we are only here for fun. It's just a game but I do understand that these comments can certainly zap the fun out of it for someone. Josh and I will be happy to speak with you during practice next Thursday. See you then!!!
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

davidinmo wrote: May 13th, 2017, 1:45 pm I think I'm the one who made the call about the Teamspeak language last season. There seems to be an issue with the language that's used sometimes. I've said it before, this is just a game, but we are all trying to win. Frustrations will boil over, it's happened to me, but it shouldn't be taken out towards others on Teamspeak. However, it always happens during the race and very rarely afterwards like Josh says it should. I don't have a problem with you either. Never have. And I'm the same way with the friends thing. I have some here that'll work with me and some that probably won't ever, but it's ok by me.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

JoshM wrote: May 14th, 2017, 8:49 pm Hi Dan-

Sorry, I haven't been around all day and am just now checking emails and catching up on other things. That being said, I'm always happy to discuss any issue, question, gripe, or problem with any of the drivers. I don't take any of it personally and I try to call things fairly for all, whether it's an admin, longtime RTG member, or a newbie.

Regarding the wreck this past Thursday, I DO acknowledge and have said publicly multiple times that lap-down cars do NOT need to "get out of the way" or "stop racing" just to give the lead lap cars the right-of-way.

But when there are 7 laps to go and the next closest competitor is 3 laps ahead, it's a "no-win" situation to put yourself in a position where a wreck might occur. If you had other cars on the same lap, I'd have a TOTALLY different take on the incident. But for two cars, laps down and on separate laps, to get into each other near the end of a race and take out 2 drivers on the lead lap, to me that is a wreck that just shouldn't be occurring. I felt both drivers could have given more room, considering their positions in the running order, hence the penalties for both.

As for the Chris Hart lane change, I have tried to be very clear on lane changes and blocking. If a driver changes lanes for whatever reason and the trailing car doesn't have a legitimate chance to react, and it causes a wreck, then the driver who made the lane change will be charged with the incident. HOWEVER, if a driver changes lanes and the admins feel the trailing driver had a chance to slow down, avoid contact, or change lanes, then the trailing driver is given the penalty if he hits him and causes a wreck. This exception is a requirement if we want to have hard, yet clean racing.

The other incident I don't recall off the top of my head, but like I said, I'm happy to review and discuss anything with you. We DO value having you here, Dan. You've been improving and have been competitive in many races lately, and it's nice to see that. I take absolutely zero pleasure in laying blame to drivers each week in the incident report, and I hate even more issuing penalties beyond the everyday kind of wrecks that happen. The only reason it is done is to show the drivers we ARE paying attention to what goes on, and we are doing our best to keep the racing as clean and green as possible.

Lastly, I mentioned during race #1 Driver's Meeting that we are going to make more of an effort on cracking down on drivers who mouth off on TeamSpeak. I usually take more of a laid back position on this and letting drivers vent a little bit, as long as it doesn't turn into a dumpster fire of yelling and arguing. If a driver sees something that needs to be addressed, I do not mind that driver mentioning it publicly on Teamspeak, as long as it isn't done in a mocking or insulting way.

I enjoy having you race with us, Dan. I appreciate each and every driver that shows up. We try to run a clean and tidy series to keep people interested in coming back, and sometimes that requires us to make calls we don't enjoy but feel it will be for the better in the long run. And as always, it's just an opinion, and EVERY person can have a different take on any of these incidents that happen from week to week. If you'd like to talk with me or any of the admins, just let me know sir.

Thanks
Josh #39

Return to “Tally Challenge”