Tally Challenge Stage race TEST

Thursdays @ 8pm EST with the Aero88.

Moderators: Wylye, JoshM

KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 99

Tally Challenge Stage race TEST

Post by KickinAsphalt »

WylyE wrote: August 23rd, 2017, 6:38 pm Below is the format/rules we will use for the Test Race Thurs 8/24
First and most important, this is simply a testing session, NO changes will be made to the Tally Challenge for Season 42.

Test Race will be the standard 40% 76 laps..

1. There will be 3 stages
a. Stage will be on lap 25 & lap 50 & to end
b. Pit road will be closed on Lap 23 & Lap 48
c. Yellow flag at each stage
i. Admin will throw yellow when leaders are at turn 3 and race to line
ii. Only the 2 manual cautions admins throw will allow racing back
iii No racing back for accident cautions

2. Top 5 drivers will receive points
a. 5 to winner 4, 3, 2, 1 to remainders
b. Winner of race also considered “stage 3 winner” +5pts
c. Points would be added weekly to regular race points

3. Racer with most stage wins and racer with most stage points make chase regardless of position in standings

4. Racers causing a wreck at the end of stage will be penalized same as racers causing wrecks at end of race.
a. (1&park -1L) stage position removed if in top 5
b. Depending on severity possible scoring ends at incident & parked following week.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Re: Tally Challenge Stage race TEST

Post by KickinAsphalt »

pano27 wrote: August 23rd, 2017, 9:51 pm I like it already!!!!
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

pano27 wrote: August 24th, 2017, 7:51 pm Unfortunately I'm gonna miss the test, started a new job today and I'm way late getting home. Hope the crowd is good and the test goes well, see everyone next week.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

EagleOne6 wrote: August 25th, 2017, 3:45 am Had an absolute blast last night with the stage racing and varying strategies. The only suggestions I have, which were discussed in Teamspeak after the race, are:

1) keep the race distance at 66 laps and do 2 stages with the first ending at lap 30

2) keep the race distance at 66 laps and do 3 stages with 3x pit frequency and stages ending at 20 and 40

I really think 66 laps in the perfect distance for a race and hate to increase it another 10 laps if we start mandating cautions for stage breaks in future seasons.

Jeremy Jeffries #8
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

JoeyD203 wrote: August 25th, 2017, 10:11 am I am all for spicing up the racing. But, "if it's not broke, don't fix it."

There are just too many variables too worry about. Especially with bigger fields.
Thursday nights are about high intensity pack racing. This would take away from that. It would make it more of a pit strategy racing type.

I'm not saying there isn't any pit strategy already on Thursdays. But, this would spread the field out too much. I believe it would make it very hard for the admins to know who the leader is and when to throw the caution at the right time at the end of each stage.

A couple times I did not know if I should have been passing the pace car or staying behind it when the yellow came out. Some guys stopped at the wrong times in the middle of a turn causing a big wreck in turn 1. We didn't even have a big field last night.

Radio chatter will be crazy and there would be a lot of repeating of rules explanations every night. There is going to be a lot of confusion.

Maybe try this on another series first to see if it is successful. But, with the big fields we get on Thursdays I wouldn't be a fan.

The Tally Challenge is great. Let's keep it the way it is for next season and seasons to come!

Thanks

Joe DiSpirito

Return to “Tally Challenge”