FIX for your RPM/CFM Downloader if it has stopped working

Need help with anything...post here.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

FIX for your RPM/CFM Downloader if it has stopped working

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Optimus Prime wrote: April 9th, 2013, 11:04 pm I was asked to post this for you guys as apparently several have been having an issue. If your RPM/CFM downloader has stopped working within the last couple months as mine had, this may help you get it going again. I was in contact with the Race Points Manager people and they report an update will be coming to fix the problem apparently created with a recent Windows update. They gave me a simple fix to try in the meantime and it DID WORK on my system (Windows 7 Pro) and my downloader is working again. If you have been receiving a message "RPM/CFM has stopped working and Windows is checking for a solution.." when you attempt to launch it, try the following to fix it. I do recommend first saving the file they are asking you to delete and place it in another location in case this does not work for you. I hope this is helpful.

Sean

Procedure from RPM as follows;

"As for the downloader there is a new update coming for that with RPM5 which I really really want to get out soon. Perhaps you can have a member or two try this in the meantime. In C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RacePointsManager CFM there is a
configuration.xml file. Have them delete that. Note you will need hidden
folders enabled to see it."

Return to “Technical Help”