Windows 7 Not Activated

Need help with anything...post here.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

Windows 7 Not Activated

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Lance Munksgard wrote: February 27th, 2017, 8:53 am I bought a computer from a guy in town who loaded Windows 7 on it for me and I guess the activation code is not authentic. So the computer keeps telling me my windows isn't genuine. So I've been researching what to do with it. I ended up purchasing a windows 7 premier activations code on line, but its saying it's not good. I've tried the phone in activation as well and it says it isn't active either.

Anyone have this problem in the past or have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Lance
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Re: Windows 7 Not Activated

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Lance Munksgard wrote: February 27th, 2017, 6:48 pm This has been fixed.. Thank you!
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

JoshM wrote: February 28th, 2017, 8:04 am Lance- I was going to suggest jumping on TS this week and asking if someone else had the same problem, but since you got it fixed already, can you let us know what you did? It's helpful to keep a log of people's problems and what the solutions are. Thanks!
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Jeff Czupta wrote: February 28th, 2017, 12:18 pm Not sure if this is the exact problem you had. but for future reference. This is a problem I get every few months. Windows blla bllaa blaa is not genuine. It happens if you don't update windows regularly. This is what I do. I open command prompt and type SLMGR -REARM or SLMGR /REARM . reboot the PC and mine is fixed. Hope this helps someone. some day. :wave:

Return to “Technical Help”