Frame rate help

Need help with anything...post here.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

Frame rate help

Post by JeremyJeffries »

pano27 wrote: May 4th, 2018, 11:55 am Ran the mencs mod last night and aside from the problem I had in the race (hitting the windows key on the keyboard=bad) I had a horrible frame rate drop. On pit road at the start I was in the 20s and on track wasn’t much better.

The only thing I’ve done to my system was upgraded to windows 7 because nothing supports xp anymore. Like to point not out in ten years of online racing I’ve never had a problem with xp. Now I have problems.

With the BR mod I hover around 90-100 FPS and I’ve never really experienced bad frames before. My rig is old and I’d actually have to dig into it to remember what my graphics are but it’s a dual video card setup and nr2003 is the only thing I use this machine for so it’s not like I mess with the settings....

Any input would be appreciated, I’m sure if I was in the three wide battle to the first green stop my frames would have fallen out. That ain’t good and I don’t know why it’s happening
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Re: Frame rate help

Post by JeremyJeffries »

JoshM wrote: May 4th, 2018, 12:53 pm I only get 50-70 fps on a regular night, and that is with alot of graphics turned down already. I rarely get below 50. I did drop into the 40s last night and I turned off some trackside objects during the race to help with the fps.

Unfortunately it sounds like most people were having a drop in frame rates. We invited people to test the mod to look for things like this, but apparently we didn't get enough people to show up to expose that issue. It wasn't until we had 33 in the server that it became apparent the fps will be dropping.

I was still able to drive just fine with 40 fps, but I might look at some tweaks or graphics changes to help get it better.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Re: Frame rate help

Post by JeremyJeffries »

pano27 wrote: May 4th, 2018, 1:22 pm I’ve been googling solutions, first time in a decade I’ve had that kind of drop. In practice I was up over 100fps by myself or with a few cars.

I’m thinking there’s something that got screwed up when I updated windows. I had to do a reinstall and I’ve had to run everything in administration mode or it won’t open right.

Return to “Technical Help”