My NRT 500 Week

Post any Questions, Comments or Concerns about the NRT500 Events Here
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 99

My NRT 500 Week

Post by KickinAsphalt »

DodgeMan4345 wrote: January 30th, 2015, 10:37 pm Well after Thursday night my NRT 500 Race Week has come to a close. To be honest I am disappointed that I was not able to make the NRT 500. I have been a member of the Blazin Pedals Online Racing League for the past 4 years. I first came over to the Rolling Thunder Gaming/Racing League back in 2013 when the NRT 500 was first started. I feel like I have become a better Super Speedway Racer in those past two years. I want to thank Dave from the NRT Game Servers for having these servers that all the leagues can enjoy night after night. All the guys here at Rolling Thunder Gaming/Racing that have been putting on these huge event for the past 2 years.I'm sure 2016 will just be bigger and better. The guys in the DRTV booth. You guys have put on two awesome broadcasts for the last chance qualifying races. I like how you make the broadcast just like I am watching a race on TV and you make sure you include the fans. Even when we make things difficult by having all those cautions in the Last Chance Qualifying Race #2. Lol. Finally I would like to thank my league teammates in the Blazin Pedals Online Racing League. I really have found a home at Blazin Pedals these last 4 years. The way it looks I would have been listed as the 10th alternate for the NRT 500 Saturday night. I really doubt 10 people that have already made the race won't show up. So the car has been loaded up in the hauler and waiting to head home to Delaware. Meanwhile I will be hanging out in the NRT 500 Lounge watching the broadcast.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Re: My NRT 500 Week

Post by KickinAsphalt »

JoshM wrote: January 31st, 2015, 2:44 pm Thanks for the post Bobby. I'm sorry you were not able make it to the final race, and there are 133 other drivers who can relate to what you are feeling today. While everyone enters this event to try to make it into (and then win) the NRT 500, the most important thing is having fun and meeting new drivers and leagues that we did not know much, if anything about.

This game is well over 10 years old now and nobody is buying it at Best Buy anymore, so the only way to keep it alive is to keep the current drivers in the game to continue to be excited to run it. This event seems to do that, based on the number of leagues and drivers who entered it.

Glad to hear you will be in the NRT 500 Lounge rooting your friends and teammates on to victory. I'm sure it will be a fun race and we hope everyone has alot of fun tonight, whether you made it to final event or not!
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

John Forgione wrote: February 1st, 2015, 12:34 am I'd like to personally thank all who were involved in the NRT 500. I must say, it is not easy to qualify for this event. Fortunately, I did. I have been in many big races since the onset of the Nascar Sim since it's beginning, but the caliber of drivers in this event was astonishing. I am just blown away about the drivers I have met and raced with on the track. I'm not usually a forum post kind of person, but in this case, I feel it's warranted. Thank you again for your hard work and devotion to all involved so guys like me can have fun. Thank you, John Forgione.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

Optimus Prime wrote: February 1st, 2015, 1:07 am Well said John!!! Everyone was amazing! It's comments like yours that make all the hard work everyone does totally worthwhile. :hello:

Tonight we sleep, tomorrow we decompress and watch the Super Bowl, and Monday we get back to racing again, and start work on NRT 2016!!!.

Huge congrats to Stevie on a great win :good: and to absolutely EVERYONE who helped make another fun, exciting and successful NRT Week.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Return to “NRT500 General Discussion”