Broadcast events...Worth the money?

Post anything to do with RTR here.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 84

Broadcast events...Worth the money?

Post by riccisand »

Poll ended at Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:59 pm

Q: Are broadcast events worth the money?

A) Well worth the money 8 VOTES 11%

B) I enjoy the Broadcast events 13 VOTES 18%

C) Don't watch replay so don't matter to me 1 VOTE 1%

D) Waste of money 5 VOTES 7%

F) Need more Broadcasts than last year. 5 VOTES 7%

G) Need less broadcasts than last year. 3 VOTES 4%

H) No Broadcasts...use money for trophies 6 VOTES 8%

J) Drivers are too overaggressive...No fun 4 VOTES 6%

K) Need stricter rules during broadcasts 6 VOTES 8%

L) Use realistic damage for broadcast 12 VOTES 17%

M) Would rather have prizes 9 VOTES 13%
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Re: Broadcast events...Worth the money?

Post by riccisand »

Tooslow wrote: January 25th, 2012, 6:59 pm Pick as many choices as are applicable to you.

There has been some discussions lately on whether broadcasts events are worth the money or not. So we want your opions on what you feel about this.

Feel free to add any comments to this poll.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

skullbreather97 wrote: January 25th, 2012, 9:47 pm personally,
i find it fun, and an honor to place top 3
i also believe that there's more tracks out there than daytona, talladega, and RTR super to put on TV
thats why i enjoyed that dover race last season
thats also why i want to put a short track up for my TV race
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

gbell6 wrote: January 26th, 2012, 10:38 am I'm guessing that 95% of the drivers here like the tv events , because 95% of the league shows up to run them (roughly speaking)....so my opinion is they are worth the money.

But since I have not been able to donate :banghead: because money is so tight on my end :banghead: I have no say whatsoever.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Dustin Roser wrote: January 26th, 2012, 10:50 am I like the tv races but i agree with Mitch on this one, we run super speedways way to much here. we have two series that run them every week plus once or twice a season we get into a stretch where it seems like every series is running a SS so you end up running the same two tracks like five times in a week. I cant speak for every one else here but i think we run way to many super speedway races and not enough new tracks, but hey that is only one mans opinion.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

F Hill wrote: January 26th, 2012, 11:41 am For what it is worth, having been on both sides of the fence (Driving in & Setting up a couple broadcasts), Broadcast races are as good as the participants involved. It takes time and money in advance to do one. Interestingly you see a greater number of drivers come out of the woodwork as soon as it is known it is a broadcast race. In hindsight, I wonder how big the Kick Off 100 field would have been had there been a $5 or $10 entry fee? I don't want to come off harsh, but the truth hurts, if you don't like, want or contribute in any way, you really should not be participating in a broadcast race. I have always viewed broadcasts as something special because it allows others to see what we do that otherwise may not. That is why we dont do broadcast races every night. As for the size of the tracks used, yes, Daytona, Talladega are typically the most used tracks. Why, I am not sure. Perhaps driver ability has a lot to do with it. The TNT series did do Daytona and Talladega but I can assure you, we will be doing a mix of shorter tracks in the coming year as well.

I fully funded the Kick Off 100 and the Season ending Race of Champions at Pocono ROC because I wanted to give back to those who supported my series with no regrets. There have been a few others in my series who have stepped up along the way to fund other aspects of the series and I am grateful to as well. Without the support of those, the TNT series and broadcast races would not exist.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

uh60spike wrote: January 26th, 2012, 12:30 pm I had to laugh when I saw this post; and I don’t mean that in a derogatory manner either. The same day this was posted I was discussing a topic very similar to this with my thesis professor, and what it really comes down to is the fact that people don’t want an award, they want a reward. What I mean is that sure a pat on the back or a piece of paper for a job well done is great, but it only goes so far, or hangs on a wall and collects dust and is soon forgotten about. But an award such money, time, or even a useful item has so much more weight in the area of showing someone that you care and they belong. People wonder why a person might spend thousands of dollars in online gaming, like Warcraft where a man on E-bay paid 40 grand for a virtual house, but you have to ask what was the trade off; look behind the proverbial scene and you will see that this persons 40 grand went to paying for the server and upkeep in order to keep the game running. Heck this person probly owns the server and ¼ of Blizzard entertainment for that matter. I agree with a-lot of what has been said here, I can see both sides of the coin per-say, but in my honest opinion I think there would be a better sense of achievement or self worth if ones money went to some type of reward. Sure, trophies and placks are nice, but how about something a person could use like a gift card to a gas station, or Lowe's or Home depot; just an idea. This way there is at least something tangible or a purpose to the point’s standings instead of a few minutes of glory and a reason for one to stroke their ego.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

F Hill wrote: January 26th, 2012, 12:38 pm Point taken Stan, If everyone in my series signed up for a fee to participate, I would gladly hand out anyone of yours or others suggestions. How much you willing to pay for that opportunity?
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

timoshark1 wrote: January 26th, 2012, 1:56 pm I really have gotten a kick out of reading some of these posts. So without further ado, here's my two cents worth. The way I look at broadcast races is this. We all have a passion for this sport called racing. We've either been to our local tracks or seen countless Nascar races. We all at some time have idolized or looked up to a certain driver at one time or another. Doing what we do is probably the closest most of us will ever get to racing fame of fortune. Hearing your name called out by the announcer as you're going for the lead or maybe getting interviewed while under caution lets us put ourselves in that certain drivers shoes if only just for a moment. Games are played for entertainment, but they are also used to sidestep reality in certain cases. Either way, I think there is value in broadcast races. Maybe more for some than others. Also I feel the need to mention that from an league owner point of view, I know that every person here is in different financial situations. Therefore some donate and some dont. I dont think that anyone here is judged on whether they donate or not. Those who donate look at it as paying for their entertainment. Maybe this is cheaper than buying those golf clubs, or buying that bass boat. It certainly is just as fun!!!!! Well that's all I've got. Hopefully you all vote for me in the season ending awards for the longest, most boring post!!!!! :amen:
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

F Hill wrote: January 26th, 2012, 2:08 pm I agree Tim with your sentiments as well......and your boring too lol.......Just kidding.

Return to “RTR General Discussion”