Post anything to do with RTR here.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 84

New Team

Post by riccisand »

EagleOne6 wrote: June 3rd, 2016, 9:18 pm June 3, 2016
Louisville, KY

The 2016 racing season has been less than stellar for the driver Jeremy Jeffries. Although he currently leads the BareBones Racing Series Points, Jeffries has requested and been granted an immediate release from piloting the #04 Monster Energy Lo-Carb Chevrolet.

Eagle Motorsports released the following statement earlier today:

"Eagle Motorsports and driver Jeremy Jeffries have enjoyed a tremendous career over the past decade. Together, we have accomplished many race wins and championships across multiple series and leagues. It's unfortunate that this partnership has come to an end, but we wish Jeremy the best in his future racing endeavors."

Jeremy Jeffries released a statement of his own a short time later:

"I've had the distinct honor or working with a great group of individuals at Eagle Motorsports over the course of my career. We've been together through some very good times and some extremely difficult times. Sometimes camaraderie and desire to succeed just isn't enough and changes must be made. I've been able to secure primary sponsorship from Eagle One Automotive Products and will be rebranding my own personal late model team into Jeffries Performance Racing (JPR). The transition from local short tracks to major league racing will difficult, but I'm confident I've got the right people in place to guarantee long term success. We will now have factory support from Ford Racing and my partnership with Monster Energy and Jimmy John's will continue with these terrific companies being associate sponsors. I'm excited for this new opportunity and extremely optimistic about my future in racing"

Although, neither Team nor Driver would confirm the reason for the split, rumors have been circulating for quite some time that Jeffries was quite vocal about his displeasure with the overall performance of the team's equipment. It is also rumored that Eagle Motorsports was unhappy with the numerous cars Jeffries has wrecked over the season and could no longer financially support fixing or building two or more race cars each week.

Whatever the reason, the implications of this mid-season surprise will be fun to watch!
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Re: New Team

Post by riccisand »

Tooslow wrote: June 3rd, 2016, 9:39 pm:good: :hello:
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Zak Fremouw wrote: June 6th, 2016, 2:50 pm
EagleOne6 wrote:
Jeremy Jeffries released a statement of his own a short time later:

"I've been able to secure primary sponsorship from Eagle One Automotive Products and will be rebranding my own personal late model team into Jeffries Performance Racing (JPR). The transition from local short tracks to major league racing will difficult, but I'm confident I've got the right people in place to guarantee long term success. We will now have factory support from Ford Racing and my partnership with Monster Energy and Jimmy John's will continue with these terrific companies being associate sponsors."

...It is also rumored that Eagle Motorsports was unhappy with the numerous cars Jeffries has wrecked over the season and could no longer financially support fixing or building two or more race cars each week...
Hey Jeremy...

Fremouw Performance Motorsports has a crewless shop with some Ford Trucks and Ford Aero88's if you need some startup help.

Oh, and I know Brian Schilling swapped to Ford's this year too, but trust me, you'll want my engines before his. Word on the street is Schilling Motors aren't very dependable.

If you need some tunnel time or shaker simulations, don't be afraid to pick up the phone. :good:

Ugh, I miss racing. :(
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

EagleOne6 wrote: June 6th, 2016, 8:27 pm Due to unforeseen circumstances with RTG official rules, Eagle Motorsports and Driver Jeremy Jeffries must remain together until the end of the season if either wishes to continue to race. Both parties have agreed to put their difference aside until the start of next season and run for one last championship. This is seen as a win/win for both sides. Eagle Motorsports has time to secure new sponsorship before next season and Jeffries Performance Racing will have more time to make sure their equipment is top notch. Mr. Jeffries said he's open to a technical alliance with Fremouw Performance Motorsports and Schilling Racing in order to have a race winning team next year.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Jeff Czupta wrote: June 7th, 2016, 11:30 am Schilling Racing? I smell DNF's...... Didn't you see his Pit Stop challenge photo? And that's after only 3 laps!
Attachments
PSC_Allstar_2016 winner.jpg
PSC_Allstar_2016 winner.jpg (64.83 KiB) Viewed 5195 times
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

MattWoehl wrote: June 8th, 2016, 1:53 pm :D :D even the crew in that picture seem worried, trying to summon the firemen. But then again, maybe those engines just need a few zip ties. I know a guy. Mitch??
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Zak Fremouw wrote: June 8th, 2016, 3:01 pm
Jeff Czupta wrote:Schilling Racing? I smell DNF's...... Didn't you see his Pit Stop challenge photo? And that's after only 3 laps!
I'm pretty sure it's because of those new, lightweight, aluminum foil rocker arms that his R&D center has been implementing from their prototypes, trying to cut weight.

Return to “RTR General Discussion”