Hat in Hand

Post anything to do with RTR here.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 84

Hat in Hand

Post by riccisand »

KickinAsphalt wrote: December 8th, 2016, 11:03 pm Pockets,

I personally have no problem with you at all... I have never raced at BSR but it seems most guys are "tagged" that race over there...

Here is my feedback...I was in the middle of a "tagged driver" fallout many years ago at a league I will not mention.. I was racing there for a short time and helping new guys get setup to race and was tech support for many newbies seeking assistance. The league owner approached me about running a "tag" on my name and I told him no offense but I still also race at 2 other leagues and I would rather just used my genuine name as my race/player name... Well needless to say he pitched a fit like I personally attacked him and his league. So I opted to race elsewhere shortly thereafter. The tag seemed to be more a priority for him and his league to showcase his drivers than it becoming an individuals choice.. Tags don't personally impress me.. It's how the person acts on teamspeak.. their personality.. and how they race me on the track. If a sim racer becomes a "phenomenon" the word will get out in the community. Just like when people hack and cheat.. Word gets around sooner or later..

If a league has a rule about drivers not running tags (or nicknames) then I feel that rule applies across the board.. If you feel differently you can approach the owners or better yet bring it up at a season ending drivers meeting

As far as your needing to change driver names... there is an option you can consider.. Install the game also in another directory (besides the default).. create the new player... only copy the ini file, mods and tracks over needed for that league.. and change the path the server login software looks for opposed to the default path.. Im sure like most you have space to do so on your hard drive.. Just putting it out there...

Again, I enjoy racing with you. You make me laugh (usually), and I hope to see you on the track soon back here..

Doug

Return to “RTR General Discussion”