All good things must come to an end.

Post anything to do with RTR here.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 84

All good things must come to an end.

Post by riccisand »

Tom Bauman wrote: March 21st, 2011, 8:16 pm Well after 11yrs of online racing, over 2 dozen championships and almost 1000 race wins between dtr1,dtr2,leadfoot,rfactor and Nascar03 its time to bid farewell.

This week i will be racing just about every night in what i call my "Farewell to online racing Tour".
I announced last night during the 358 modifieds and explained i would go into greater detail today with this message in the forums, so here it is.
I leave on a bus saturday for Indiana, i have to do a 2 week fresher course at a trucking company there then out on the road with a team driver for 3 months. THere is a chance i might get some home time somewhere in there but im not counting on it. With that and the fact that i will be gone 3-4 weeks at a time after that i figured now was the best time to retire from online racing. You might see me on the track every once in awhile in the future but even that would be a one time deal every few months or so.

I could go through the list of guys i have raced with since the beginning that i still race with today on one hand. Those relationships mean more to me then all the races or championships i have won over the years.

I have had the pleasure of meeting so many great guys since the beginning and have developed life long relationships with many of them...

I will miss each and everyone of you that i have met during my online racing journey...

I have so many stories to tell about that journey that has taken me to this point in my life and so many memorys to keep my mind busy while i travel this nations great highways to last me a life time, Thank you everyone for making my time as a online racer one of the greatest experiances a person could ever ask for...

Tom "TheReaper" Bauman
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Re: All good things must come to an end.

Post by riccisand »

Crazy wrote: March 21st, 2011, 8:37 pm all the best Tom,if you ever truck into Canada you better notify me,thats a threat not a request!!....its not really the end its a new beginning. Im sure one day we will swap paint again in a race ,who knows what changes time will bring for you in the future but if your gonna hit the road maybe its a good chance to hook up with some RTR guys as they are scattered all over the states/canada so look at it that way. You have many years left ahead of you and careers and life styles can and probably will change , who knows whats in store for you and the rest of us for that matter Tom.
Im certain you will be back one day ,until then all the best my friend

ps-man this would make one helluva of a april fools joke huh,even better than the one I pulled a couple of yrs back :)
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Matt Lesniewski wrote: March 24th, 2011, 10:29 am wow..wishing u best of luck .. it was nice to get know u and racing with you. u will be missed and hope u can race once while if u can ?
thanks for the good times and banging each other sometimes.. :wave:
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Scheck wrote: March 24th, 2011, 2:49 pm I wish the best of luck to you Tom...I sure will miss your driver's meetings :lol:
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

JoshM wrote: March 24th, 2011, 6:08 pm Hopefully we will get to race with you from time to time. I wish you the best of luck and stay safe on the roads.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

vetracer119 wrote: March 24th, 2011, 6:32 pm I am fairly new here but have had a great time racing with you. I wish you all the best and understand why you must leave. I have been job hunting for awhile and would take just about anything, although this sounds like something you want to do and not have to do so enjoy.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Dustin Roser wrote: March 24th, 2011, 8:10 pm best of luck to ya tom, i hope you stay safe out there and you will be missed around here big time that is for sure. dont forget to stop in when ever ya get the chance and post some pics here in the forum of your travels.

Again, best of luck to you :hello:
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Hank wrote: March 25th, 2011, 1:10 pm Best of luck to you Tom...hope to see you back in the future...it was a pleasure to race with you....Good Luck !!
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Dustin Roser wrote: March 25th, 2011, 5:46 pm quick question, when you do finally get your own truck, are you going to take the lap top and wheel and give it a go or is that not a viable option? i hope you do so we can race with ya again not to mention golf with ya again :beg:
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Tom Bauman wrote: March 25th, 2011, 7:33 pm Yes dustin that is an option and im not ruling that option out yet, we will see what happens. Hope fully will at least be able to play golf with you once in awhile :) :aikido:

Return to “RTR General Discussion”