RTR S51 End of the Season Meeting

BONESXLT
RTG Owner
RTG Owner
Car#: 3

RTR S51 End of the Season Meeting

Post by BONESXLT »

BONESXLT wrote: November 28th, 2020, 2:04 pm Hey guys we are having the RTR Season 51 End of the Season Meeting on Tuesday, Dec 08, 2020, @ 830pm est. In the RTG TeamSpeak

This meeting is mandatory for all RTR Directors.

All drivers are welcome and encouraged to attend this meeting.

As always this will be a 2 part meeting.

1st part is to set all the RTR series for Season 52.

2nd part will be to discuss any possible rules and format changes for RTR's Season 52.

If there is anything you would like discussed at this meeting please post it here.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 84

Re: RTR S51 End of the Season Meeting

Post by riccisand »

DodgeMan4345 wrote: December 1st, 2020, 11:34 pm Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to make the meeting this time. I am scheduled to work until 9 which again means I won't be getting home until 9:30. Now if the meeting is still going on, I will be able to jump in and catch the end of it. Time will tell.

Mods: It seems like we are pretty set on switching to the NXS20 mod on Monday nights. On one hand, I am really happy about this. The Xfinity Series has quickly become my favorite series to watch. I was really excited when they came out with the new mod. So to be able to run it in a league setting is also just as exciting to me. However, I have always been a huge fan of the Trucks, both watching in real life and also racing in a league. So, to see the Truck mod possibly go completely away, I am also not crazy about it. It's almost like a danged if you do, danged if you don't situation. Lol.

I have also heard talk or a rumor about us possibly switching to the new ICR mod for the Thursday night series. While, I think the creator put a lot of work into that mod and did a great job doing it, it's just not exactly for me. The cars seem a little too boxy for my liking which could potentially cause issues with the hit boxes especially since we will be racing so close with the superspeedway tracks. I have also heard it is a frame rate killer for a lot of machines. I rather see us stick with the current mod, also because it is more realistic to what runs in real life. However with all that being said, no matter what mod we decide to run, I will still be here racing it. (When I can. Lol.)

Other nights and mods. I would like to see us possibly switch from the Cup98 mod to either the Cup2003 or Cup 2005 mod. Then the Aero88 mod to the Cup90 mod. Not that there is anything wrong with the mods that we currently run. I just prefer those other mods a little more. With the Cup2003 mod, we could kind of use that to celebrate how long this game has been around and how long we have been enjoying it.

A possible format change. (I think. Lol.) When I first thought about this in my head, it seemed kind of fun. Although some people may not think so. It may add a little bit of work for the admins at the start of the races too. Which they may not want and I can understand that. If somebody gets a post race penalty, they are told they are a DNQ for the next race. I thought maybe they could qualify for a pit stall but they would still have to drop to the rear of the field on the pace lap. So say Driver A is a DNQ from the week before due to a post race penalty. He is still allowed to qualify and qualifies on the pole for the next race. So he has that #1 pit stall but when we pull off of pit road , he has to drop down to the inside and drop back to the rear of the inside line. Same if he were to qualify in 2nd. He would just drop back to the rear of the outside line. Whatever line he is in, the line would just move up instead of us switching lines to switch positions. I am just not sure if that would create any black flags that the admins would have to clear at the start of the race. It's kind of like real life where a driver qualifies but may fail pre race inspection. They are still allowed to keep their starting position and their pit stall but they still have to drop to the rear before the start of the race.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 84

Post by riccisand »

riccisand wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 11:08 pm Two proposals:

1) A Post Race -1 Lap penalty for Lap Down Cars who are NOT the wavearound or lucky dog that do NOT do their mandatory drive through the pits the second time by or later under yellow. Also vote to remove the penalty about the loss of eligibility for next lucky dog. It is impossible for the admins to verify offenders during the race with admins on the racetrack under the current rules. It can only be confirmed after the race, so the rules NEED to be updated to reflect this issue. Otherwise, we can do nothing about it postrace which needs to change.

2) All series should adopt the policy of serving a penalty by either speeding or taking four tires the second time by. Speeding is defined as getting your number on the export. This will make things much easier for drivers and admins alike. This policy is currently in play on Tuesday and Wednesday where tire stops are limited. We should do this on Monday and Thursday as well. Consistency across the board in all series will make things easier to understand!

Thanks!
TooSlow
RTG Veteran
RTG Veteran
Car#: 69

Post by TooSlow »

RTR Season 51 Meeting Minutes

RTR Season 52 will start on Monday Jan.4,2021 and be a 15 week Season.

The Super Speedway All-Star Race is Thursday April 29,2021.
The Super Speedway All-Star Open Race is Thursday 22,2021.

RTR Series For Season 52

The CHARGER Series will continue on Monday & Wednesday
Click here for more info

We will continue the Challenger Series on Monday & Wednesday
Click here for more info

The Chase will continue on Monday's

The Bracket Series & Chase will continue on Thurs.

Sunday
TripleX Series
Mod: CWS2015
Practice: 8pm est.
Qualify: 8:30pm est.
3 - 10% Races, Random Q and No Yellows

Monday
BareBones Racing
Mod: NXS20Cts <----- 2020 Xfinity Mod

Tues.
SPEED Freak Series
Mod: WinstonCup98_cts
SuperSpeedway Fun Series

Tues.
The Winston Cup Series
Mod: WinstonCup98_cts
Follows the 1998 Winston Cup Schedule
Will return in Feb.

Wed.
Aero88 Series
Mod: Aero88
Is a Speedway Series.

Thurs.
Tally Challenge
Mod: MENCup2019_cts
Practice: 8:00pm est.
TalladegaRTG_V3 every week.

Friday
RTG iRacing Dirt Series
Mods: 358 modifieds & Pro Late Models
Race: 8:15pm est.
See Brian Hoag, Brian Orto or Grant Wessley for more info.

Friday
Amish's Survivor Series
Mod: LMPv2
Practice: 10pm est.
Qualify: 10:30pm est.
Enduro's and win @ all cost races.

RTR Rules & Format Changes for Season 52

Allow DNQ to Qualify but start in the rear.
We had a lengthy discussion of the pro's and con's of this and most felt it would be unfair to allow a DNQ to qualify, Vote failed.

Lap down cars not doing drive though.
It was discussed and by a majority vote the following penalty was added to the lap down car drive through rule.
If it is found in the replay review a driver did not do there drive through they will be accessed a -1 lap post race penalty.

Incident Penalty.
The ONLY penalty is now a 4 tire pit stop the 2nd caution lap or later.
Speeding on pit road or being EOLL is no longer a sufficient penalty.

Drivers entering the race late.
We had a long discussion about drivers entering the race late because of technical issues, working ect.
A vote to not allow late drivers to enter the race failed.
It was also decided that these drivers should park themselves once they are unable to make up any positions in the race so there is less chance of them causing an incident.

Incidents Ending the Race.
We had a long discussion and voted in the following rule if you cause the race ending caution.

If you cause the incident that ends the race you will be on a 1 and park the next week.
If this is your 2nd incident you will be on a 1 and park and be a DNQ the next week .
You will still be required to do your 4 tire pit stop as a penalty for the incident.

Thank You to all the drivers and Directors that showed up to this meeting.

Terry
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Don't forget anyone who causes a caution that ends the race is a 1 and park the following event.
TooSlow
RTG Veteran
RTG Veteran

Post by TooSlow »

JeremyJeffries wrote: December 28th, 2020, 8:55 pm Don't forget anyone who causes a caution that ends the race is a 1 and park the following event.
:frustrated: :blackeye: ADDED :tease: :wacko:
I had added it to the rules but forgot it here. :wacko:
DodgeMan4345
Lugnut Polisher
Lugnut Polisher
Car#: 92

Post by DodgeMan4345 »

Unfortunately, as you all know I was unable to make the meeting due to work. So I may have missed if this was talked about during the meeting but I have a couple of questions.

First one is about the Lap down cars not doing drive through. Can the admins be more clear when we are talking about this rule on race nights? Or maybe the rule needs to be written a little more clearly. I thought we still had wave arounds or has that been done away with since it never seems to be mentioned anymore? One night, under one caution it was stated that all lap cars had to do a drive through. There would have been wave arounds but it was never mentioned. Then the next caution it was again stated that all lap cars had to do a drive through. Then somebody asked about wave arounds and they said there would be wave arounds. Then it was again stated about the lap cars needed to do a drive through and again no mention of wave arounds so it was very confusing.

My second question has to do with the Incident Penalty. It stats that the only penalty is a 4 tire pit stop the 2nd caution lap. So how does that affect the nights that we have the 4 tire stop rule in the race? Is that penalty going to count against our 4 tire stop rule or what?
"I'm Not Lifting Until I See God or the Checkered Flag" - Andy Jankowiak
TooSlow
RTG Veteran
RTG Veteran

Post by TooSlow »

DodgeMan4345 wrote: December 28th, 2020, 11:26 pm Unfortunately, as you all know I was unable to make the meeting due to work. So I may have missed if this was talked about during the meeting but I have a couple of questions.

First one is about the Lap down cars not doing drive through. Can the admins be more clear when we are talking about this rule on race nights? Or maybe the rule needs to be written a little more clearly. I thought we still had wave arounds or has that been done away with since it never seems to be mentioned anymore? One night, under one caution it was stated that all lap cars had to do a drive through. There would have been wave arounds but it was never mentioned. Then the next caution it was again stated that all lap cars had to do a drive through. Then somebody asked about wave arounds and they said there would be wave arounds. Then it was again stated about the lap cars needed to do a drive through and again no mention of wave arounds so it was very confusing.

My second question has to do with the Incident Penalty. It stats that the only penalty is a 4 tire pit stop the 2nd caution lap. So how does that affect the nights that we have the 4 tire stop rule in the race? Is that penalty going to count against our 4 tire stop rule or what?
Lap down cars that are NOT LUCKY DOGS or WAVE AROUNDS must do a drive through the 2nd caution lap or later every caution, this is in the rules and the race director shouldn't have to remind the drivers of this every race.

WAVE AROUNDS
We have unlimited wave arounds until 15 to go then it drops to 4.
As for Wave Arounds we try our best to determine who are going to be the Wave Arounds but it is up to you drivers to help us too. Use your F2 to determine if the race leader is ahead or behind you. If the race leader is ahead of you and doesn't pit the 2nd or 3rd caution lap you need to do a drive through.

If drivers need more clarity on these or any rules they need talk to race directors or Admins pre-race and not wait until the drivers meeting. Because of driver complaints driver meetings will be drastically shorter than they have been in the past. It will be the drivers responsibility to know the rules and not ours to go over them every week in the drivers meeting. Exception will be week #1, going over new rules.

Hope this answered your questions.
Terry

Return to “RTG News and Announcements”