RTR S52 End of the Season Meeting

BONESXLT
RTG Owner
RTG Owner
Car#: 3

RTR S52 End of the Season Meeting

Post by BONESXLT »

Hey guys we are having the RTR Season 52 End of the Season Meeting on Tuesday, March 30, 2021, @ 830pm est. In the RTG TeamSpeak

This meeting is mandatory for all RTR Directors.

All drivers are welcome and encouraged to attend this meeting.

As always this will be a 2 part meeting.

1st part is to set all the RTR series for Season 53.

2nd part will be to discuss any possible rules and format changes for RTR's Season 52.

If there is anything you would like discussed at this meeting please post it here.
JoshM
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 39

Re: RTR S52 End of the Season Meeting

Post by JoshM »

I have a few suggestions:

1) Editing the rules on the Replay Committee to accept whatever the call is from the Replay Committee instead of the 2/3 majority needed now. Also, if the Replay Committee calls an incident on a different driver, I believe the incident become a "racin' deal". I suggest we simply take whatever they call and leave it at that.

2) Racing on the apron made legal, except on superspeedways.

3) If a series wants to change qualifying rules to make last weeks top 3 finishers DNQ (the old qualifyng format we had), can a series do that?

3) Damaged cars or cars missing a gear- if a driver thinks he is going to be off the pace on a restart, that driver needs to try to give room for the faster cars. In other words, don't ask the driver behind you to give you a push, thereby stalling out everyone beind them.

4) Eliminating the 'No non-racing chatter under caution' rule. I don't think this rule is really enforced nor do I think it's necessary. If driver's get too talkative, the admin should tell them to be quiet. No need for an official penalty.

5) Racing into a wreck. I'd like to see this become an incident rather than a penalty. With the way the rules are now, the person who caused the wreck gets a minor penalty when compared to the person who drive into the wreck.

Just a few things to consider is all.
Skullbreather97
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 97

Post by Skullbreather97 »

Return to 2 provisionals per series per season
riccisand
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 84

Post by riccisand »

1) Should also discuss how to spread penalties across all RTR series for drivers that do not serve the penalty. I have an idea but look forward to discussing this with everyone!

2) It needs to be written in rules that the driver who took the lucky dog cannot be found to have caused the caution flag. Upgrades in lucky dogs to the next driver in line should stay at the discretion of the race admins.
emXry
Tricycle Jockey
Tricycle Jockey
Car#: 52

Post by emXry »

The penalty system should be more strict and should be on a race to race basis for each driver. For example, if you cause two incidents in one race, let's say Monday night in the BB series, then whatever race you decide to show up for next, for example one week later on Tuesday in the Cup series, then you're on a one a park for that race and every race thereafter until you can run a clean/incident free race, then it resets back to two.

Furthermore, if you cause an incident in one race, and then whatever the next race you decide to race cause another incident (one incident for each race, whatever two races you decide to race in a row) then you're on a one a park for the next race and every race thereafter until you run a clean/incident free race, then it resets back to two.

I wont be there tomorrow night for the meeting so I vote YES for this change.
Last edited by emXry on March 30th, 2021, 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

Post by JeremyJeffries »

There is no reason why any one driver, in my opinion, should have 5 or more incidents in any series in one season. That means you're wrecking in 1/3 of the races you attend, if not more. Theoretically, I could show up to every single race in every single series and cause one incident and there's nothing more than a points penalty. If I don't care about points, then it doesn't matter. So I could have 15 incidents in each series if I run 5 nights a week....that's 75 potential incidents in a single season that I could cause and not suffer any real consequences?!?! While we have guys getting caught up in these same theoretical (and real) wrecks that don't cause a single incident all season long.

I know the owners and admins would step in and make sure this theoretical situation didn't actually happen...but there's nothing in the rules that prevents it. In Season 44, we voted in a rule that any driver that had 5 or more incidents in a single series was on a 1 & park the rest of the season on that series. The very next season we voted against it....why, I still don't understand. I would like to see that rule reinstated. Furthermore, I think if a driver has 10 or more incidents across all series, they should be on a 1 & park in EVERY RTG series.

I've seen posts wanting to see penalties from one night carried into the next event that driver races. As a series admin, I know how difficult this would be, especially when not every other admin has the ability to upload their incident report the same night as the race. However, I know by the start of each week, all incident reports have been rendered and, usually, any driver's challenges have been decided. So, I guess it would be if you hit 10 incidents that particular week across all series, you will be on a 1 & park in every series beginning the following week!
DodgeMan4345
Lugnut Polisher
Lugnut Polisher
Car#: 92

Post by DodgeMan4345 »

JeremyJeffries wrote: March 30th, 2021, 2:55 amIn Season 44, we voted in a rule that any driver that had 5 or more incidents in a single series was on a 1 & park the rest of the season on that series. The very next season we voted against it....why, I still don't understand.
Well stop causing all of those wrecks Jeremy. Lol. I actually thought that we had a rule that stated that if we made a rule change that we could not go back and vote on that rule again and change it back the very next season. Unless that rule was put into place after Season's 44 and 45.

Now unfortunately I will not be able to make tonight's drivers meeting due to work. Here is my suggestion and it was to do with the 4 tire stop rule on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. When a driver causes a caution, that driver has to serve a penalty during that caution. If a driver doesn't serve a penalty then they will be penalized post race. I think we should do the same if a driver makes a 5th tire stop. Right now there is only a post race penalty. Of course it would have to be up to the driver's to be honest and actually stat that they took that 5th tire stop. I think there should be a penalty during the race that maybe that driver would have to do a pass thru penalty under green right after that 5th tire stop. In most cases that driver would lose at least 1 lap doing a drive thru if not more. So the penalty could actually be more severe then the post race penalty. Now if that driver doesn't do the drive thru penalty during the race then the post race penalty procedure would still take place. Driver could still be eligible for a lucky dog and/or wave around if that happens to fall in his favor. Although I don't really think we have much of a problem of driver's taking a 5th tire stop. I just thought about it since we now have the causing a caution rule that says you have to make a 4 tire pit stop and that takes away from one of your allowed tire stops during the race.

Also not a rule change but I think drivers need to be, once again, reminded of the no passing under caution rule. Likewise, admins should be reminded that these rules should be enforced. According to the post race reports, at Race 5 on Monday nights we were reminded of this rule. I still see people passing under yellow and do not see any penalties for it in the post race reports. I see a wreck happen in front of me and I slow down like I am suppose to to try and avoid that wreck. Well then I see 4 or 5 cars that choose not to slow down and just pass right on by. Now I know in some instances it is a lot harder to slow down and not only try to avoid the wreck but stay behind the car in front of me. In some instances it should be pretty easy to do that and for some reason people choose not too. I have also seen one driver pass under the yellow multiple times. Then not only didn't slow down for a wreck and pass people but plowed into the wreck. That was all in one race and was not penalized post race. Now on the other side of this coin. I have had an instance where I was staying behind 2 cars because of the no passing under caution rule. Both cars were involved in the wreck but were able to get themselves straight and back up to speed (or so I thought) before I had gotten to them. So instead of them picking up speed and catching up to the rest of the field they decided to stay going slow at about 50 mph. If I am not mistaken the pace car was actually catching us. I would have liked to have gotten caught up to the rest of the field and been able to pit with everybody else but I couldn't because I wasn't passing these 2 cars. Then those 2 cars just decided to come down pit road before the pits were open without posting it or saying that they were pitting. If they had said they were pitting, I am guessing I would have been able to pass them and caught up to the rest of the field without a possible penalty. So in that instance where cars are up to speed from a wreck but are not catching up to the rest of the field, then I think that we should be allowed to pass them.
"I'm Not Lifting Until I See God or the Checkered Flag" - Andy Jankowiak

Return to “RTG News and Announcements”