RTR S53 End of the Season Meeting

BONESXLT
RTG Owner
RTG Owner
Car#: 3

RTR S53 End of the Season Meeting

Post by BONESXLT »

Hey guys we are having the RTR Season 53 End of the Season Meeting on Tuesday, July 27, 2021, @ 830pm est. In the RTG TeamSpeak

This meeting is mandatory for all RTR Directors.

All drivers are welcome and encouraged to attend this meeting.

As always this will be a 2 part meeting.

1st part is to set all the RTR series for Season 54.

2nd part will be to discuss any possible rules and format changes for RTR's Season 54.

If there is anything you would like discussed at this meeting please post it here.
DodgeMan4345
Lugnut Polisher
Lugnut Polisher
Car#: 92

Re: RTR S53 End of the Season Meeting

Post by DodgeMan4345 »

Road Courses Competition Cautions

Right now when we race on a road course we have a competition caution some time during the first half of the race. Which usually leads to a green flag pit stop during the second half of the race. I would like to see us have that competition caution any time during the race within reason. You wouldn't want to the caution to come out on either the first lap of the race or the last lap of the race. So maybe the within reason part would be not before we have 5 laps completed in the race and not after we get the 5 laps to go signal. Or maybe even 10 laps to go signal. That way we would still have a decent race to the finish. By having the competition caution any where in the race, it would change up the strategy of the race. Since you don't know when the caution is going to come up, then you don't know when you are going to need to pit again under green.

Also, I am not sure if this is a rule or not because it is not listed in the rules. But when the competition caution comes out and the leader first comes to pit road is when he comes down to make his pit stop. Then the rest of the field follows along and makes their pit stop as they get to pit road. I would like to see that go back to the way that I think we did it before. When the caution comes out the leader comes around to the line to take the caution and slows down to a pace speed. That allows the rest of the field to catch up to the leader. Then when the field comes back around to pit road is when they could come down to make their pit stops. Now if somebody hasn't caught up to the pack by the time the leader gets to pit road then it's on them. I think it would make pit road a little more interesting where we could have more of a race off of pit road.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the meeting since our state fair is going on this week and I will be out there tomorrow night.
"I'm Not Lifting Until I See God or the Checkered Flag" - Andy Jankowiak
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

Post by JeremyJeffries »

I have several items I'd like to post for discussion and a possible vote:

1) Go back to the 1 point per incident rule like we used to have. This tiered incident point deduction system is more work for the admins and I don't believe that it has had any impact when it comes to lessening the number of cautions.

2) Drivers should be able to remove a current incident if they run two (2) clean races in a row. For example, if I have 5 incidents (one and park for rest of season), and I run 2 clean races in a row, I will go back down to 4 incidents and can get off the one and park. If you I ran 4 clean races in a row, I'd lose another incident and be down to 3 total charged incidents. 6 races clean, I'd have 2 incidents. Can not go below zero incidents

3) If anyone runs the entire season without a charged incident (must receive points in all races) they are automatically entered into the Speedway or Super Speedway All-Star races depending on the series.

4) Rain out/Conclude races once we reach a certain number of cautions/time. We race on work/school nights and sometimes we have so many cautions or just get started later due to restarts or other factors that we are racing too late. I'd like to suggest that if we have a race that reaches a caution threshold (maybe 10) the next cautions ends the race no matter what lap we're on. Another option would be every race should be concluded by 10:30 Eastern and, if it isn't, the 'white flag' is displayed at 10:30 ET and the race ends the next lap.

5) I think we can discuss qualifying rules again this meeting. I'd like to see the top 3 in points be unable to qualify in every series each race, with a few exceptions:
- Chase Races (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday)
- Final Race of the Season (All Series)

6) Allow Challenger Driver to receive provisionals during the CHASE on Monday like they are able to on Wednesday where there is no CHASE. Still no provisionals for the season finale.

That's all I have for now. Looking forward to having a lively debate on these topics and more at the END OF SEASON MEETING!

Jeremy Jeffries #8
Cyber

Post by Cyber »

Change the rule in Replay & Review Committee for protest voting.

A protest decision only needs 5 votes. ***All members may reply***
Votes must be a 2/3 majority against 1 driver for the incident to be overturned.
If the vote is less than 2/3 majority the original call will stand.

I would like to see the vote go back to only 1 vote majority needed to win your protest.

Return to “RTG News and Announcements”