Optimus Prime
RTG Owner
RTG Owner
Car#: 15

Season 53 End of Season Meeting Minutes

Post by Optimus Prime »

RTR Season 53 Meeting Minutes

Meeting called to order at 8:30pm est

RTR Season 54 will start on Monday August 29, 2021 and be a 15 week Season.

Upcoming Special Events
The Super Speedway All-Star Race is Monday August 23, 2021.
The Super Speedway All-Star Open Race is Thursday August 19, 2021.
Details for both events are already posted in the forum

RTR Series For Season 54

Sunday
TripleX Series

Mod: CWS2015
Practice: 8pm est.
Qualify: 8:30pm est.
3 - 10% Races, Random Q and No Yellows

Monday
BareBones Racing Series

Mod: NXS20Cts <----- 2020 Xfinity Mod
-Includes the Challenger Series Click here for more info
-Includes Chase format playoffs
-Includes the Triple Bracket Challenge

Tuesday
SPEED Freaks Series (returns late Nov)

Mod: WinstonCup98_cts
SuperSpeedway Fun Series

Tuesday
Winston Cup Series (thru mid Nov)

Mod: WinstonCup98_cts
Follows the 1998 Winston Cup Schedule
-Will crown Chase and overall champion
-features tire limits

Wednesday
Aero 88 Series

Mod: Aero88
-Includes the Challenger Series Click here for more info
-features tire limits

Thursday
Talladega Challenge

Mod: MENCup2019_cts
Practice: 8:00pm est.
TalladegaRTG_V3 every week
-Includes Bracket Series

Friday
RTG IRacing Dirt Series

Mods: 358 modifieds & Pro Late Models
Race: 8:15pm est.
See Brian Hoag, Brian Orto or Grant Wessley for more info.

Friday
Amish's Survivor Series (Returns January 2022)

Mod: LMPv2
Practice: 10pm est.
Qualify: 10:30pm est.
Enduro's and win @ all cost races.

RTR Rules & Format Changes for Season 54

Current rule re: Road Course competition cautions.
Road races with yellow flags turned off will have 1 competition caution some time in the 1st 1/2 of the race.
After discussion proposed rule change;
Road races with yellow flags turned off will have 1 competition caution at any time during the race to be determined by the series Admins.
Vote PASSED

Current rule re: Road Course competition cautions.
This will be done with a bind saying "Yellow Yellow Yellow" and be announced on Team Speak. All cars will reduce there speed to 90% of race speed and maintain a safe distance…
After discussion regarding the pacing and pitting procedures, it was observed that the current practices across all series for the past several seasons are not adequately specified in the rules, or are not fully in line with the rule wording.
It was determined that the Admins will review the road course rules at the next staff meeting to clean up any wording and to coordinate the administering of the rules. Any clarifications that result in substantive changes will be presented to the membership. Procedures currently practiced will continue in the interim.

Current rule re: Point deductions per incident.
1 Incident = -1 point
2 Incidents = -2 points
3 Incidents = -3 points
4 Incidents = -4 points
So if you have 4 Incidents you would have lost -10 incident points.
They keep going up by a point per Incident.
After discussion, rule change proposed to remove this section from the rules, eliminating point deductions for incidents
Vote PASSED

Current rule re: Being on one-and-park after 5 incidents.
If you cause 5 incidents in one series per season, you will be on the 1 and park for the remainder of the season.
After discussion, proposed rule change;
If you cause 5 incidents in one series during a season, you will be on the 1 and park for the remainder of the season for that series. A driver may clear the 1 and park by completing two consecutive clean races as defined by the rules. Once removed, the driver will be replaced on season 1 and park if the driver has another incident. This will not impact or alter the overall incident total for the driver.
Vote PASSED

NEW rule proposed re: Incident Free Season;
Any driver who completes an entire season without a charged incident will be automatically entered into the appropriate Speedway or Super Speedway All-Star race depending on the series. Driver must run all races or receive an allowed provisional.
After discussion on the proposed new rule
Vote FAILED

Discussion for possible NEW rule re: Time or caution limits on races;
The series Admins may impose a time curfew or a total incident cap that will end the race.
After discussion, it was determined that more information and feedback was desirable. A pilot curfew program will run during season 54 on Monday nights during the BareBones Series and the results will be presented at the next drivers’ meeting.

Current rule re: Qualifying Rules.
All drivers are asked to post a qualifying time but no penalty will be accessed if they don't.
After discussion, proposed rule change;
The top three drivers in points in a series may not qualify with the following exceptions; Chase races, Season Finales and Road Courses.
Vote FAILED

Current rule re: Provisionals during the Chase.
You can NOT use a Provisional in any Chase.
The question was raised why Challenger Series drivers don’t get Provisionals during the Chase.
This was an administrative oversight, as technically the Challenger Series has no Chase, their points never reset and are cumulative throughout the season to crown the Champion. Starting with Season 54 Challenger Series drivers will be eligible for Provisionals for the entire season for the “Challenger Series standings only”.

Current rule re: Rule Changes.
Any rules voted down or out at the End of the Season Meetings can NOT be voted on again for 1 year.
After discussion, proposal made to remove this rule.
Vote PASSED

Current rule re: Fake Pitting.
Causing a wreck while fake pitting or late pitting under caution will result in you getting an Incident.
This will count toward your 2 and park-it.
After discussion on this rule it was determined no action was necessary and drivers who feel they were impacted by this should report it to the Admins promptly post-race.

Season Champions. Discussion held on the policy of crowning “Co-Champions” . Admins will develop tie breakers for crowning a single champion prior to the start of Season 54.

Current rule re: Race Restarts.
It is up to series directors to allow 1 race restart if there is an Incident or a driver has an issue before all cars complete lap #2.
After discussion, two proposed rule changes were voted on separately; 1;
Races will not be restarted.
Vote FAILED 2;
Races will no longer be restarted for incidents occurring before all cars have completed 2 laps.
Vote FAILED

Meeting adjourned at 10:36pm est

Thanks to all who contributed to making another successful season and helping to shape Season 54!
DodgeMan4345
Lugnut Polisher
Lugnut Polisher
Car#: 92

Re: Season 53 End of Season Meeting Minutes

Post by DodgeMan4345 »

I know this is kind of a late response since the new season started tonight. I wasn't at the meeting so I couldn't express my concerns at the time. Personally I don't like a possible rule that would end the race early due to too many caution flags and/or the race being run too late. I do have some reasons behind that, that maybe I can post when I am not sitting here falling asleep at the computer. Lol. I also don't like using one night to test out this possible new rule that could affect the entire league. I actually think there is an easier way to keep track of things to determine if this possible new rule is needed. Every night keep track of the amount of cautions that we have. Which we already do since the cautions go into the race report. Then we could add the time that the race ends to the race report. Then if more races have a lot of cautions and end later then we would like, we could determine if a new rule is necessary.
"I'm Not Lifting Until I See God or the Checkered Flag" - Andy Jankowiak

Return to “RTG News and Announcements”