RTR S54 End of the Season Meeting

BONESXLT
RTG Owner
RTG Owner
Car#: 3

RTR S54 End of the Season Meeting

Post by BONESXLT »

Hey guys we are having the RTR Season 54 End of the Season Meeting on Tuesday, Nov 30, 2021, @ 830pm est. In the RTG TeamSpeak

This meeting is mandatory for all RTR Directors.

All drivers are welcome and encouraged to attend this meeting.

As always this will be a 2 part meeting.

1st part is to set all the RTR series for Season 55.

2nd part will be to discuss any possible rules and format changes for RTR's Season 55.

If there is anything you would like discussed at this meeting please post it here.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 84

Re: RTR S54 End of the Season Meeting

Post by riccisand »

If you fall out of the server and reconnect during a caution you must hold your position and NOT pass the pace car.
1) Change this rule to say

If you fall out of the server and reconnect during a caution, this is an NR2003 Game Glitch! you must ignore your spotter, hold your position, NOT pass the pace car, NOT blow the stop sign, and NOT pass any cars that maintain pace speed under caution in a pacing line.

2) will save #2 item for staff meeting
DodgeMan4345
Lugnut Polisher
Lugnut Polisher
Car#: 92

Post by DodgeMan4345 »

Before I posted this here, I sent it to Jeremy for his thoughts. He said I should post here. So to make it easy on me, I am just going to copy and paste what I had sent to him. Lol.

Something I had thought of. I don't know if it requires a rule change. Or if he even needs to be brought up in the meeting on Tuesday. I figured I would send it to you and maybe between you and the other admins decide if it's something that needs to be brought up and/or addressed. So most of this you already know. At some point during the race we have drivers that are on the lead lap and drivers that are 1 or more laps down. When the caution comes out, the drivers on the lead lap pit on the first time around. The ones that are at least 1 lap down pit the second time by. When you cause a caution, as you already know, you are suppose to pit the second time by and take 4 tires. So here is where it gets interesting. I don't know if anybody has thought about this before or has said anything about it before. If you cause a caution and you are on the lead lap. When you pit the second time by, you are basically pitting after all of the other lead lap cars have pitted. So you are essentially lining up behind the rest of the lead lap cars. So it's more like a penalty. Now if you are a lap or more down and you cause a caution. When you pit the second time by you are pitting with all of the other cars that are a lap down. Say there are 10 cars that are all a lap down. When you make your pit stop, you could actually come out ahead of the rest of those 10 cars. Then if another caution comes out you get the lucky dog and are back on the lead lap. So it really doesn't seem as big of a penalty if you cause a caution while being a lap down compared to being on the lead lap.
"I'm Not Lifting Until I See God or the Checkered Flag" - Andy Jankowiak
Optimus Prime
RTG Owner
RTG Owner
Car#: 15

Post by Optimus Prime »

I will add it to the agenda Bobby, thanks.

Here is the existing rule I believe you are referencing.
1st Incident in a race
If you are the cause of an Incident or think you are the cause you must do a 4 tire pit stop on the 2nd caution lap or later.

If you fail to serve your penalty you will get a -1 lap penalty and be scored behind all drivers on that lap.

Any driver who did Not properly serve there Incident Penalty will NOT be permitted to Qualify there next race in that series.

Failure to serve your Incident Penalty 3 times in a series in a season will result in being put on a 1 and park for the rest of the season in that series.
Year long series will be by segments.
Optimus Prime
RTG Owner
RTG Owner
Car#: 15

Post by Optimus Prime »

Just a reminder;

We are requesting anyone who wants something brought up at the Season Ending Meetings to post their items here ahead of the meeting. This way everyone can give the items thought before we discuss it at the meeting, and thus we will not only save time in the meeting but make better informed decisions altogether.

If the rule is a change to an existing rule, we request that you copy and paste the existing rule here,and when possible write below what you propose the rule to be if changed. In the case of a brand new rule, just write it here in a general way of what you are proposing.

In doing this, not only can we be more efficient during the meeting, but we can avoid having to re-address rules that we just added or changed.

We are blessed to have great and very experienced minds here, but we've had instances where in just hearing about something at the meeting for the first time, that we failed to think of something during the couple minutes that we all discussed and voted on it. Of course, if you see something here to come up at the meeting and you feel strongly about it, the best way to get your thoughts in is to show up at the meeting, but if you can't, just convey those thoughts here or to somebody that can be there.

THANKS!!
JoshM
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 39

Post by JoshM »

I'd like to see us shorten and simplify the rulebook, so most of my suggestions below are about removing rules that seem unnecessary. The blue text is the current rule, and the red text is what I'd like to do with that rule.

- Remove the rule Racing the Leaders
If you are a lapped car and you feel you need to race the cars that are racing for the lead and you take one or more of them out you will receive your 1 and only warning.
2nd Offence: Parked for the night.
3rd Offence: Parked for 1 full season from all RTR events.
. The penalty seem overly excessive. If it's a problem, overaggressive driving penalties can handle this situation instead of having a separate rule for it.

- Remove the rule Your Blocking causes a crash = -50% of your points plus penalties listed above.
Blocking Definition: To make abrupt lane changes in an attempt to stop another competitor from passing you.
I don't remember this rule ever being enforced and seems unnecessary as their are plenty of penalties already in the rules for incidents in general.

- Remove the rule Weaving Under Caution. There is No weaving back and forth under caution. You will be warned the 1st time and black flagged there after.. If you cause a wreck while doing it, an incident is possible, but a special rule for this seems unnecessary.

- Remove the rule 1st Lap incidents (Corner 1 & 2). Any driver who causes an incident in the 1st or 2nd corner on a restart from over aggressive driving will get a Careless Driving Penalty.. This is another unnecessary rule I feel.

- Remove the rule If you intentionally cause a wreck between the checkered flag and the back straight you will charged an incident and moved the EOLL of the lap you're on in scoring. and replace it with do not intentionally wreck after the race.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

Post by JeremyJeffries »

I recommend we remove this rule and allow pole sitter to have lane choice!

"Pole Position

The driver winning the pole position must start where the game puts them, they don't have a choice of high or low.
On restarts the race leader still has the choice of high or low."

I recommend we allow the leader to control the restart. If they go before the green, and receive a black flag, they must serve it!

"Restart Pace Speeds

- On restarts the race leader must stay +/- 5 mph of pace speed and will go on GREEN.
- If you are more than +/- 5 mph of pace speed or drastically varying your speed before you start the restart you may receive a black flag or a -1 lap post race penalty.
- The leader must stay within 1.0 seconds of the pace car until it leaves the track on the start or any restart of the race"

Return to “RTG News and Announcements”