RTR Season 56 End of the Season Meeting

BONESXLT
RTG Owner
RTG Owner
Car#: 3

RTR Season 56 End of the Season Meeting

Post by BONESXLT »

Hey guys we are having the RTR Season 56 End of the Season Meeting on Tuesday, July 26th, 2022, @ 830pm est. In the RTG TeamSpeak

This meeting is mandatory for all RTR Directors.

All drivers are welcome and encouraged to attend this meeting.

As always this will be a 2 part meeting.

1st part is to set all the RTR series for Season 57.

2nd part will be to discuss any possible rules and format changes for RTR's Season 57

If there is anything you would like discussed at this meeting please post it here.
Rodney Sullins
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 38

Re: RTR Season 56 End of the Season Meeting

Post by Rodney Sullins »

I believe we need to re-visit a rule that I was told was removed for some reason in years past, no one in the conversation could recall why.

RULE ADDITION: If 2 or more, or 3 or more cars are involved in an accident and a caution does not automatically get thrown by the "Sim GAME",
then manually, a human in charge... a Series Admin can throw a CAUTION.

Could be 2 or more in some Series and 3 or more for the Talladega Challenge? :unsure: Realistically, some of the 1 car incidents in
NASCAR's world would have resulted in a caution, that did not fly in the game.

This season in a few series we have had some incidents where multiple cars have been involved in an accident and caution did not come out.
If it needs to be Series specific like the Talladega Challenge, so be it.

This is a Sim Game, and we all know it isn't perfect. And part of its imperfections is that sometimes cautions... even if we do not want them, should be
thrown for the FUN and Sportsmanship of each one of us that show up to play/race each night/week.
We have ALL seen wrecks where we said we can't believe a caution didn't come out for that crash.
The "Sim Game" has its parameters that DO NOT always reflect what would happen in the "Real World" of NASCAR.
JoshM
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 39

Post by JoshM »

I would like to remove the rule below as it creates confusion and extra work for admins:

If you cause 5 incidents in one series per season, you will be on the 1 and park for the remainder of the season.
If a driver with 5 incidents completes 2 races with no incidents, he/she will be removed from the 1 and park penalty.
Once removed, the driver will be re-added season 1 and park if the driver has another incident. This will not impact or alter the overall incident total for the driver.

ALSO, I think the rule below needs clarification. The issue has come up where a driver speeds entering pit road to avoid another car that is spinning while entering the pits. The admins have to make a judgement call if the speeding was acceptable to avoid a wreck or not. I think it should be a clear, simple rule. Possibly saying contact must be made or something like that before a black flag like that can be cleared:

Cause another driver to get a black flag
*** If after a post race replay review it is found that a driver causes another driver to get a black flag, the driver at fault will
receive a post race -1 lap penalty and be scored behind everyone on that lap.***
riccisand
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 84

Post by riccisand »

JoshM wrote: July 11th, 2022, 8:48 am I would like to remove the rule below as it creates confusion and extra work for admins:

If you cause 5 incidents in one series per season, you will be on the 1 and park for the remainder of the season.
If a driver with 5 incidents completes 2 races with no incidents, he/she will be removed from the 1 and park penalty.
Once removed, the driver will be re-added season 1 and park if the driver has another incident. This will not impact or alter the overall incident total for the driver.
I would like to keep this part:
But Remove this part:
Below is the rule was removed at the end of Season 38. I am willing to bring it back and adjust the details to improve this for next season!
No Game Caution
If a wreck happens with 3 or more cars and the game does NOT throw the caution the race admin may do so.

But the drivers involved must let the admin know in TS that there is a 3 car wreck ASAP.
NO caution will be thrown the last 10 laps of any race.
cyber
Lugnut Polisher
Lugnut Polisher
Car#: 7

Post by cyber »

Could any of the series admins be persuaded to consider changing their series format?
I personally would like to see another night of a series devoted to Super Speedways , or High Banked Speedways ,
or a combination of both.
Maybe the Tuesday or Wednesday nights series?
The BBR series that is staged after the cup series is completed .... is fun ...... but just to short
Chuck McClure
Lugnut Polisher
Lugnut Polisher
Car#: 17

Post by Chuck McClure »

I think we need a rule stating that a speeding down pit road black flag not be cleared by an admin ( unless ) CONTACT had been made causing a car to speed

Example : please clear my black flag for speeding down pit road , I had to speed up to keep from getting hit from behind ( should NOT be cleared )

Example : please clear my black flag for speeding down pit road , I got hit and it caused me to go over the speed limit ( SHOULD ) be cleared .

This " should " make it easier on drivers knowing a clearly defined line has been drawn and admins while reviewing post race incidents and black flags .
Thenatureboy
Tricycle Jockey
Tricycle Jockey
Car#: 77

Post by Thenatureboy »

I’d like to see a 6 race chase instead of 5 ! So 9 races for regular season and then 6 races to decide a champion ! 2 races , cut off…. 2 races …cut off then 2 races to decide a champ !!
I’d like to also bring back another super speedway night ..probably on Tues …
And I’d like to make a rule that before you race on Thursdays you would need to drive on this night and prove you can hold a line , not all over the place … ect ect ….
This would be determined by an admin and maybe even your piers !!!!
I’d like to talk about bringing back fantasy racing …I would need to change the format….what happened before was I had to wait until any protest were complete to update my points …this could be as late as Wednesday! By this time some people would have made there picks ..so then I update the points and their selections get booted because their drivers may have went up in value …so it caused a lot of confusion… I’d probably come up with a points value at the start of the season and stick with it for 5 races …then at race 5 go off points at that point this way the points only change once over the season !!
This next one is a little more difficult and may be impossible but I’d like to see a green white checker finish …. I think we run 66 laps ..so you set the race to 90 or so laps and we institute a green white check … this adds the laps nessesary to do this … weather it’s 1 attempt or unlimited attempts .. I think drivers would love this but admin may cringe at the thought of it !!!!

Return to “RTG News and Announcements”