RTR Season 57 End of the Season Meeting

BONESXLT
RTG Owner
RTG Owner
Car#: 3

RTR Season 57 End of the Season Meeting

Post by BONESXLT »

Hey guys we are having the RTR Season 57 End of the Season Meeting on Tuesday, Nov 29th, 2022, @ 830pm est. In the RTG TeamSpeak

This meeting is mandatory for all RTR Directors.

All drivers are welcome and encouraged to attend this meeting.

As always this will be a 2 part meeting.

1st part is to set all the RTR series for Season 58.

2nd part will be to discuss any possible rules and format changes for RTR's Season 58

If there is anything you would like discussed at this meeting please post it here.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

Re: RTR Season 57 End of the Season Meeting

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Change the way "Racing Deals" are categorized when it comes to incident points. When racing deals are called, it's usually because we can't determine which driver involved in the incident made the most egregious move to cause the incident. What if drivers involved in "Racing Deal" incidents received half an incident point since logically they were both at fault and not at fault at the same time! If a racing deal ends the race, both drivers are a 1 & Park the next race. We are effectively determining that racing deals are a thing while also acknowledging that both parties could have avoided the incident.
Racing Deals.
We realize that occasionally in the post race review an incident needs to be called a racing deal. But this is only after multiple Admins have reviewed the incident.
If an incident is called a racing deal there is NO post race penalty for any driver involved.
But remember just because a driver('s) call an incident a racing deal during the race, it doesn't mean it will be called a racing deal in the post race review.
Clearing Black Flags on restarts needs to go away. Several drivers are taking advantage of this rule because they know the admins will always clear a black flag on a restart. Passing to the inside is not allowed on restarts at any time and drivers are taking advantage of this loophole to pass people legally on restarts without consequence. No black flags should be cleared unless you are a lucky dog, wave around or hit and exceed pit road speed due to the contact during green flag pit stops.
Clearing Black Flags
We DO NOT clear self inflicted Black Flags.

If you get a Black flag as a result of another driver we may clear it.

Examples: A driver couldn't or wouldn't pass you while coming to the GREEN FLAG.
If you get a black flag while entering, on or exiting pit road that is caused by another driver
hitting you.

Drivers that get a black flag for unintentionally passing a car while pitting may request to have there black flag cleared, but they must be EOLL on the Restart.
This does not include passing the pace car or intentionally passing cars.
Penalty for not being EOLL would be a -1 lap post race penalty .

Guilty of black flag
If we clear a black flag and it was legitimately yours, you will be penalized -2 laps in the final race results.
**-3 laps on short tracks**

Cause another driver to get a black flag
*** If after a post race replay review it is found that a driver causes another driver to get a black flag, the driver at fault will
receive a post race -1 lap penalty and be scored behind everyone on that lap.***

Causing another driver to get a black flag for speeding on pit road - A driver who “directly by contact” causes another driver to get a black flag for speeding on pit road shall be guilty of the above section and receive that penalty. A driver may only request a speeding black flag to be cleared IF that speeding was a “direct result of contact from another driver”. The driver must have immediately returned to pit speed and not have committed any other black flag offenses. A driver who requests a valid black flag to be cleared shall be guilty of having a legitimate black flag cleared and receive that penalty.
Grant Wessley
iRacing Admin
iRacing Admin
Car#: 88

Post by Grant Wessley »

I had an issue twice this season where I warped across the start finish line under caution resulting in a lap loss. If its as easy as an admin just giving a lap plus i dont see why this should be an issue.

Current rule: Losing Connection to the Server
If a driver loses connection during a race we do NOT give laps back.

This is considered a mechanical failure on your end.

The only exception to this would be a server glitch which causes several cars to lose connection.

I would like to change final line to saying: the only exception to this would be a server glitch which causes several cars to lose connection or and instance where a driver warps across line resulting in lap loss while not falling completely out
JoshM
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 39

Post by JoshM »

I have three things:

1) I'd like to see the following rule removed. I think it's common sense to go high or low. If they don't do it and cause a wreck, it's an incident. Plus we have the option to charge Careless, Reckless, etc. I don't think we need a specific rule for this.

Being Lapped on Super Speedway's
Cars being lapped on Super Speedways must stay HIGH or LOW and not in the middle of the track.

Penalty for not doing this will be a black flag.

If you are in the middle of the track when you are being lapped and cause a wreck you will be parked and scoring will be stopped there.

2) Also, I think drivers should be allowed to use a provisional in the playoffs. I don't know why this isn't allowed but I'd like to see that rule dropped as well.

3) And lastly, the section about "Damaged Cars" I'd like to see be updated to say something about drivers missing gears or have heavy damage needs to give way to drivers on the start instead of asking for a push. This causes checkups and can lead to wrecks.

Return to “RTG News and Announcements”