Lugnut Polisher
Car#: 92

Protest Lap #34 4/13/22

Post by DodgeMan4345 »

riccisand wrote: April 14th, 2022, 12:10 am Aero88 Incident Report @ atlanta05
4/13/2022
Race 15 of 15

Lap#34....#92................#92 hits the wall causing a crash....did not serve
I had just come out of the pits and I had some of the lead lap cars right behind me. I was loose in turns 3 and 4 so I put myself up against the wall for 2 reasons. First, I wanted to allow those lead lap cars to get around me safely and not have to worry about trying to avoid me being loose or worse which leads to the second reason. More importantly, I also didn't want to take a chance of spinning out in front of those cars that were on the lead lap with the possibility of taking one of them with me and ruining their race. I did come off the wall slightly coming out of turn 4 to start to get myself back up to speed but I still left plenty of room to the inside for cars to still pass. Instead of passing me low, the #22 tried to squeeze in between me and the wall and ran in the back of me causing the wreck. The #22 had 3 seconds from the time I came off the wall until the time he hit me. He also had 5 seconds in cockpit view from the time he would have first saw me against the wall until the time that he hit me. In my opinion, that was enough time for him to safely pass me to the inside and avoid causing a wreck.
Attachments
Protest Lap 34 April 13 2022.rar
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 122 times
"I'm Not Lifting Until I See God or the Checkered Flag" - Andy Jankowiak
riccisand
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 84

Re: Protest Lap #34 4/13/22

Post by riccisand »

OK Bobby, I will send this to the replay review committee tonight for review.

Dante

Return to “RTR Lightning Truck Series”