Wed. Night cws15_cts, Starts @ 8pm est.

Moderators: TooSlow, riccisand

riccisand
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 84

Sorry, Schilling

Post by riccisand »

by EagleOne6 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:52 pm
Tonight in the Aero88 race at Rockingham, I had a decent run going when I fell out of the server with, I believe, 8 laps to go under caution. When I came back into the server, I was extremely frustrated and, on the ensuing restart, I drove like a complete idiot trying to get back up to the front with only a handful of laps remaining. Unfortunately, I ran into the back of Brian Schilling and took him out of what was probably a top 5 finish.

There is also some question as to why I passed the field when I reentered the server. I was able to get back in quickly after falling out and was told to pass the 69 car. I passed him and the rest of the field and my spotter was still telling me to pass the 69 car. I went back around and lined up at the rear of the field, back on the lead lap. When the green came out, I received no penalty and felt that I was in the right by doing what I did. Upon further reflection and review of the situation, I feel like that, even though I was able to pass the field given the game rules, I should not have done so. Therefore, I am self imposing a 2 week ban on myself in the Aero88 series and want to be placed on a 1 and park upon my return. Race admins should hold themselves to a higher standard, and I failed to do so tonight.

Once again, Schilling, I'm very sorry for ruining your race and hopefully we can move past this and once again race with respect and cooperation we've always raced with in the past.

#8 Jeremy Jeffries
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Re: Sorry, Schilling

Post by riccisand »

by JoshM » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:18 pm
I felt bad to see you drop out like that. You had control of the race at that point and to see it evaporate like that in the final laps would make any driver mad.

As for passing the pace car, we are always telling people to listen to their spotters. If you didn't get a black flag on the restart, it's a safe assumption you did what the game told you to do.

You're a clean and very respectful racer. I don't see any need for a self-imposed suspension. Just my 2 cents. I'll go wheel to wheel with you any time and know that I won't be put in the wall!
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Re: Sorry, Schilling

Post by riccisand »

by timoshark1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:27 pm
I agree with what Josh said!! You are one of the most respectful, clean racers in our league. You're good at what you do and great competition. Guys like yourself make me try harder to be a better racer. I also don't feel you need to unnecessarily penalize yourself. Everyone would have been frustrated in your situation!! The replays are reviewed for a reason so let the incident report decide your fate within the RTR rules.

#088 Tim Noftsker

Return to “RTR Lightning Truck Series”