Review

Thursdays @ 8pm EST with the Aero88.

Moderators: Wylye, JoshM

KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 99

Review

Post by KickinAsphalt »

TBrent wrote: February 14th, 2015, 3:50 pm I would like a further review of the incident between the #82 and #088. #82 makes an aggressive move that the #088 left room for. #82 and #088 get together in trioval as #82 comes up while the #088 is also coming down a result of hard racing. Nobody lost spots because of this wreck happening virtually at the line as the other caution was coming out. I feel the ruling should be a racing deal and #088/#82 should retain original finishing position.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Re: Review

Post by KickinAsphalt »

timoshark1 wrote: February 14th, 2015, 4:13 pm Not sure how you figure no spots were lost Tony. I went from 6th to 29th in the final scoring. The rule is if you are involved in a wreck that ends the race, you are scored where you merge in. I went up to try and reclaim my spot so no black flags were issued but figured I would be moved back like I was in the final standings.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

TBrent wrote: February 14th, 2015, 4:16 pm "Original Finish" what was up before penalties issued, 088 121 and 82 were in the positions they would of finished as the first caution was coming out. Originally 088 was 6th and 82 was 7th.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

JoshM wrote: February 14th, 2015, 10:44 pm Hi Tony-

Just to clarify, the rules in place are voted by the drivers. With MSR, we follow virtually every rule the drivers have voted into the RTR rulebook, but we do have a few differences for a series that runs nothing except for Talladega, so because of that, we have an MSR rules page as well. It is on the front page of the website immediately underneath the RTR rules link.

Regarding the finishing positions, if a wreck happens in the final 4 laps of a race (essentially ending the race) where cars are crashing across the S/F line, the running ordered is NOT determined by your F2 position at the line, but rather it is determined by how the wrecked cars merge back into traffic. Too many times we've had races end prematurely by wrecks with 1 or 2 laps to go at the S/F line, with drivers knowing that if a move they made did not work, their finishing position would be saved by crashing across the S/F line and then being able to pass 15-20 cars to get back into the F2 position under yellow. This rule was voted in by the drivers in the hopes it would ensure more green flag finishes rather than consistently racing back to cautions to end races.

And we cannot ignore the rule simply because the yellow was already out. It was race back to the yellow flag, and if a separate wreck occurs during the process, it is handled in the same manner of any other wreck. If we did NOT do that, it would simply be a free-for-crashfest back to the S/F line because drivers would still know they could wreck across the line and have their spots saved the moment they crossed the S/F line.

I completely agree it was good hard racing coming to the S/F line that would end the race, but we play a high value on minimal wrecks. As much as we value good, HARD, competitive racing, we value green flag racing and green flag finishes even more.

Again, this was voted in by the drivers and MSR adopted this rule. If you want the Replay Review Committee to review the incident, I can go ahead and send it to them once you provide a link of your replay (again, per the rules).

Thanks!
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

TBrent wrote: February 14th, 2015, 11:12 pm I'm not going to win this one, there was fault of my own but also think it was a product of hard racing and shooting a gap that was left open not much different then the 2 and 24 at Texas during the Chase last year. I will accept it and move on, just unfortunate to get penalized racing hard toward the front as you should in the closing laps. Don't feel like it was a move that you wouldn't expect at the end of the race running in sight of the leader with a handful to go. The gap was trying to be closed as hard as I was trying to take it which is racing to me. Anyways we will see you guys at the next race!

Thanks,

Tony
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

JoshM wrote: February 14th, 2015, 11:20 pm Tony-

Keep in mind this is just my own personal opinion of the incident. I've called my fair share of incidents on fellow admins/owners and even on myself for that matter. If you think it is a racin' deal and doesn't deserve an EOLL penalty, I would encourage you to challenge it. The rules do state that a wreck could be considered a racin' deal, so it is not impossible to have them. And I've had more than a few calls overturned, and even had a call overturned just 2 weeks ago that effected the winning driver.

The drivers make the rules, and when a driver feels an incident might have been called against him incorrectly, the drivers in the Replay Review Committee are the ones who make the final determination; not a bunch of admins/owners who are collaborating with each other.

I do not take it personally when a protest is made, and the drivers do not take politics or who was involved into consideration when making their calls. Whether it's an admin, owner, or first time driver, the Committee makes the call strictly on how they see the incident and interpret the rules. They just might see it the same way you do.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

timoshark1 wrote: February 14th, 2015, 11:42 pm The funny thing about it was I moved up slightly to avoid being caught in a wreck at the start finish line coming back to the caution. I was completely content with the top ten finish knowing the race was essentially done and there was no way at that point I could have possibly won.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

TBrent wrote: February 15th, 2015, 1:15 am Here to race hard.

Return to “Tally Challenge”