Protesting 6/4 race penalty

Thursdays @ 8pm EST with the Aero88.

Moderators: Wylye, JoshM

KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 99

Protesting 6/4 race penalty

Post by KickinAsphalt »

Chris Robbins wrote: June 9th, 2015, 4:57 am Sorry but I am protesting yet again for a penalty that has been called on me, which I firmly believe to not be correct. As in my replay, I am doing 175mph, I see the wreck, I then slow down to 163mph, on the high side of the track. I had the wreck cleared as there were no other cars up high, I slowed down and seen the high side clear. So the #14 gets caught up in the wreck, he is on the dark grey area of the track below the racing surface, the #14 then goes all the way from the beneath the racing surface all the way up to the high side of the track, I see him and regardless of my speed, my track was clear, the fact that the #14 went clear up from beneath the racing surface all the way up to the wall, when he had the entire lower part of the track free to get back going, I fail to see how I am penalized. I did slow down, more then once, the fact that the #14 did what he did, made me alter my route which in turn the result happened. You can clearly see in the replay the high side is clear, until the #14 decides to go way up the track 5 lanes. I fail to see how I can be penalized, my track was clear, I slowed down, he did not get back on the racing surface safely, so hence my protest. I looked all over for a rule on how much were suppose to slow down or whatever and found nothing, if it's merely a judgement call, then there needs to be a clear rule, (just a suggestion) not trying to tell anyone how to run their series. I just feel its unfair for me to lose the points lead on something that was not my doing. I slowed down, in my book, more then once. I hate to protest again, but I feel it was caused by another drivers mistake, not mine. thank you, see you all on thursday.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Re: Protesting 6/4 race penalty

Post by KickinAsphalt »

Brian Bell wrote: June 9th, 2015, 8:35 am
Chris Robbins wrote:I looked all over for a rule on how much were suppose to slow down or whatever and found nothing, if it's merely a judgement call, then there needs to be a clear rule.
I tend to agree with you on this one, I've seen worse "Racing into a wreck" incidents not called, ones where a guy goes around two three cars over a ten car length span to hit another and not get called. Then others far less worse get called.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

JoshM wrote: June 9th, 2015, 10:38 am I hate to say this, but I think this must be a judgement call. Each wreck is different from the next, and there is no magic mph that says you are all of a sudden abiding by this rule. It's on the admins to try and determine if the driver made a serious and legitimate attempt to avoid the wreck, or if he just cracked the throttle enough to hopefully avoid a penalty if he DOES end up making contact. (I'm not saying you did this Chris as I haven't even seen the replay yet; just saying it will always be a legit attempt or an attempt to LOOK legit).

Short of a wrecked driver turning in front of oncoming traffic, there is no earthly reason for a driver a half mile away from a crash to end up clipping a guy who ends up barrel rolling 10 times. I will have to go back and look at the replay, so I hesitate to offer my opinions on something I haven't reviewed yet.

On a completely separate note, I do plan to go back and review this race myself. I have full confidence in Tim and Scheck obviously, but I want to see if my requests for people to lay off the bumpers in the turns is being respected or ignored. If I go through it and find any of that, I will come find those involved and speak to them in private. I can stomach the occasional stack up and crash as it is Dega after all, but if guys are getting their races ruined for pure stupidity, lack of respect, and riding bumpers around the entire track, I've flat out lost any and all tolerance for that about 3 races ago.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

timoshark1 wrote: June 9th, 2015, 11:30 am The thing that we keep preaching Chris is that we need guys to slow down so they can maneuver around guys getting back going. The perfect examples of what you should do is what the #23 and the #075 did. They reduced their speed enough so that they could miss those guys trying to get going again. I think Jesse gained a bunch of spots by just coasting through the wreck going around all the cars at 75mph and never hit a thing.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

Brian Bell wrote: June 9th, 2015, 12:53 pm All very good points Josh and Tim, this is exactly why I love racing here.

Much respect for all admins here tough job the do week in and week out.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

Chris Robbins wrote: June 9th, 2015, 4:44 pm I fully understand and respect everyones view, but I'm not trying to say I'm better then anyone else, or maybe I am, but I see the track very well, I avoid wrecks and other cars if I am in control of my car, which I had slowed down, avoided the wrecked cars, went to go again cause I had clear sailing up high, and then the #14 did what he did and then the result, I hate to blame anyone seriously, but I firmly believe I did my job, the replay will speak for itself. I love racing here, and I hate protesting calls, I feel it makes me look like someone who never thinks he does anything wrong, lol. I will respect the review process, and the final call. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

timoshark1 wrote: June 9th, 2015, 6:32 pm Thanks for understanding Chris. Admins are in a no win situation doing incident reports but doing them is what sets us apart from alot of leagues. If a driver takes the time to race with us then we always will take the time to make sure every driver gets a fair shake. Just for the record, i've spent approximately 3 hours going through this particular replay that only had four incidents just to give you an idea of what the admins put into this. We just enjoy the racing and comradery of the leagues. Also a big thanks goes out to the replay review committee for helping out. We as admins aren't perfect and it's nice to have unbiased eyes to turn to in these situations!! :good:
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

Chris Robbins wrote: June 9th, 2015, 11:30 pm I agree Tim..... It's a thankless job you guys do for sure. And I hate to protest...lol, but we will see what happens, I try my best to run every hard and clean, and I expect nothing less in return :)
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

timoshark1 wrote: June 10th, 2015, 12:48 am I don't mind when guys protest. I'm only human and it's nice to have the guys in the review committee to offer there opinions.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

timoshark1 wrote: June 10th, 2015, 8:25 pm The original call on this matter has been upheld.

Return to “Tally Challenge”