My apologies_Season 44 -Race 3

Thursdays @ 8pm EST with the Aero88.

Moderators: Wylye, JoshM

KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 99

My apologies_Season 44 -Race 3

Post by KickinAsphalt »

MotorCityMadMan wrote: May 20th, 2018, 12:55 pm In retrospect of Josh's review of Race 3, I apologize for my "excessive blocking", especially to Bob Seminara. I let the possibility of a rare win get the best of me, & as I review the race from Bob's car in cockpit view, I see how reckless I was & should've known better. Josh noted that this is a warning, but I'm more than willing to take the hit and be placed last. The respect of all the Thursday night drivers is much more important to me than a win. Again, I apologize to the Bob & everybody else, promise that I'll make an extra effort to race a little smarter.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Re: My apologies_Season 44 -Race 3

Post by KickinAsphalt »

Tooslow wrote: May 20th, 2018, 2:44 pm Marc we appreciate your apology and there is no need for any other penalty. It is evident the Warning has served its purpose with you.

The Excessive Blocking and Careless Driving Warnings are meant as wake up penalties and is our way of saying STOP doing that or we will be forced to start penalizing you.

Terry
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

MotorCityMadMan wrote: May 20th, 2018, 5:37 pm Ok, understood, thank you.
KickinAsphalt
RTG Staff Member

Post by KickinAsphalt »

JoshM wrote: May 20th, 2018, 7:47 pm Marc-

You are by no means the first person to get this penalty, and I am positive you won't be the last. My post was not in response to how you raced last Thursday night; it was due to several races in a row of over-aggressive driving by many different drivers, races ending with big pile-ups, and people making moves that have slim to no chance of succeeding.

We've stripped drivers of their wins before and parked admins, so we've handed out harsher penalties for sure. Don't take this personally at all, and don't think you are the reason I posted everything I wrote. You have my respect as a driver and I know you are a clean racer. As you said, you saw the chance at a win and did everything you could do to get it. And like Terry said, the penalty is our way of saying we cannot let drivers think they can make such extreme moves and not get warned, or eventually penalized.

I did take your clean reputation into account when making that call. If you had a history as a serial-blocker or overly-aggressive driver, I would have been well within my right to tack on a Reckless driving penalty, but your track record did not come close to warranting that.

That post I made was mostly a reminder to EVERY driver what we are looking for and expect in the series. It's not an attack on any individual driver. We've had these issues for 3 weeks now, and we want to clean it up before people just assume we are going to accept it.

Don't beat yourself up. Remember, this is a game and we're all just here to have some fun!

Return to “Tally Challenge”