COUPLE Items I need HELP with

Need help with anything...post here.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

COUPLE Items I need HELP with

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Chris Townley wrote: October 11th, 2016, 9:19 pm HI Gang; I made a couple posts on the FB page; but never got a response.
NO worries; I am betting someone will wonder threw here and help me out.
I have a FEW things I am wanting to do.... and I don't want to screw up my game; so I been sitting on them for a couple weeks.
1) I am going to be racing in the Aero 88 series; and I want to apint me a car. I been to all the "usual" spots to get "templates" but I haven't been able to get MODS that match the templates I found. I found .psd templates for 88_MonteCarlo - 88_Olds - 88_Grand_Prix - and TBIRD. I just need someone to send me a BASE (preferably with the layers) so I can work on them. If it's solid white or black or whatever that's OK - I just need a base I can open with GIMP. Be nice if it had the sponsor decals; etc just to cut out a lot of work in that area.

2) I want to put the "Adult Spotter" into the game; but have no clue how. I figure it's not hard; just have to put it in the right place

3) I'm also wanting to get some help so I can program my steering wheel to use some of the buttons instead of having to look away while racing and press various F Keys when I am in a pack.
I KNOW there is a way to do it and I have 5 or 6 open buttons on my wheel where I can use these F Keys. I have a old (never been used) Microsoft Force Feedback Sidewinder wheel. It has the two paddles on the back side; and six buttons on the front. I am guessing I'll have to find someone with a "similar" wheel to help me with this.

4) Lastly unless I misunderstand some of you guys are doing some online races on dirt tracks (or am I mistaken). That sounds like fun and I'd like to give that a try also. Guess I'll need the proper Mod and a couple bases to match?? Any help is appreciated.
I made sure to check the "notify me" spot below so when someone replies I'll get an instant email and get back with you ASAP.
THANKS
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Re: COUPLE Items I need HELP with

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Optimus Prime wrote: October 12th, 2016, 10:26 am All of your items are able to be overcome, but to do them properly and minimize the chance of having issues, it's best to do them while you're in our TeamSpeak. Stop in our help room when guys are around and someone will be happy to help walk you through these things one at a time or at least point you in the right direction.

And yes, we are running a dirt series, presently on Friday nights.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Re: COUPLE Items I need HELP with

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Chris Townley wrote: October 12th, 2016, 5:03 pm I'll have to try that (again). I asked several people about these issues (except sending me a MOD) on TS and no one seemed to be able to help. Couple guys told me I'd probably have to find someone who had a wheel like mine... I'm new at this (again) so I'm just wanting to get up to speed. I'd hate to look away from the screen to push a F key; and crash into someone. So I'm trying to work things out where I can be as safe as possible, and work on getting competitive.
If anyone has any other suggestions; feel free to post here or message me. I also have same name on Face Book.

Return to “Technical Help”