Windows 8 SMS Lobby

Need help with anything...post here.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

Windows 8 SMS Lobby

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Tony Pizzaro wrote: January 27th, 2013, 2:27 pm When I enter any passworded SMS Lobby server my desktop turns purple and my teamspeak crashes. It still allows me to enter the server, but during the NRT500 qualifying race and one of the consolation races SMS lobby shut down. I entered the BP practice server that isn't passworded and I entered without any issues. Anybody know what might be the problem? Thanks.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Re: Windows 8 SMS Lobby

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Crazy wrote: January 27th, 2013, 7:07 pm think larry jr runs win 8 so he may no try him on TS
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

BONESXLT wrote: January 27th, 2013, 9:09 pm TONY IT MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE AntiCheat WE RUN ON THE SERVER.
THERE HAS GOT TO BE SOMETHING YOU CAN SHUT DOWN LIKE RUNNING THE LOBBY ON
WINDOWS 7 MODE. ITS JUST TO NEW OF AN OPR SYSTEM COME ON TS GET A HOLD OF
ME AND I WILL TRY TO HELP YOU OUT THANKYOU. DAVID CANON
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

TCooper wrote: January 29th, 2013, 5:41 am I run windows 8, and was having the same kind of trouble. I disabled DEP for both SMS, and TeamSpeak 3, and that seems to have worked.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

rob83 wrote: February 5th, 2013, 11:50 am The lobby was designed to run on Windows Xp 32 bit.. It was never finished for Windows 7 or for 64 bit O.S.. SO as you upgrade to the newer O.S your going to run into issues. Your options are to disable DEP and run in compatibility mode OR get really lucky and hope it magically works.. Also don't hold your breath on the lobby ever getting upgraded to support your current O.S, Its just not going to happen.. :help: :amen:

(SMS Lobby is still your best option for preventing cheating inside of NR2003 tho, You could switch to other cheat detection that provide smoke and mirrors when it comes to providing cheat detection but i'd much rather a half a**ed sms lobby then a fully functional RLM Arena.IMO)
RLM Arena.IMO)
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Tony Pizzaro wrote: February 8th, 2013, 8:28 pm It worked fine a couple of days ago and I didn't do a thing, weird. Thanks for the help though :)

Return to “Technical Help”