Windows 7 64 bit and SMS lobby popup errors

Need help with anything...post here.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

Windows 7 64 bit and SMS lobby popup errors

Post by JeremyJeffries »

SteeveMelson wrote: July 15th, 2014, 11:13 pm When I enter a race through SMS lobby I get a bunch of pop ups that appear on the desktop then stay there while I am racing.

I think it shuts my logitech profiler off sometimes during an actual race and changes the handling of the car and then sometimes the profiler turns back during the same race. My game kind of freezes for a second and glitches and then the handling and wheel settings are different. When I exit the race I have the little error popups on the bottom and have to X them off.

I guess what I am asking is, is there anybody else that uses the logitech profiler with the G27 and has windows 7 64 bit??? When my hard drive crashed a short while ago I loaded the 64 bit windows on a new hard drive instead of 32 bit. So this never happened before.

Wondering if you have the same problem when going through SMS and if so is there anyway to fix this issue as far as getting rid of these error popups. It's getting quite annoying and I am tired of my wheel changing during the race. Any help would be appreciated.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Re: Windows 7 64 bit and SMS lobby popup errors

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Optimus Prime wrote: July 16th, 2014, 12:36 am Steeve- I have the same OS and wheel. Do you run your game in a window or full screen? I run in full screen (I have multiple monitors) and when I launch the game I also see the other popups ( windows desktop manager, etc..) but they go behind my game, so I don't see them while racing. They are still there when I exit the game (often minimized). This is a normal product of the anti-cheat. I have not noticed any ill effects or wheel changes when racing. My hotkeys that I have setup in my profiler for "F-key" functions also still work. That issue was fixed a few years ago. I don't know off hand of anyone else having that issue with their wheel seeming to change during a race.

One thing you can try to get rid of the popups, if they are visible in your game, is this; Launch the Lobby, enter the server and once you are successfully connected, go ahead and disconnect and close the lobby. Then close the popups and start the lobby again and enter the server. The popups should not return as those processes have already been turned off. Other than that, I'm not sure if running in full screen if you are not presently will make a difference.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

SteeveMelson wrote: July 16th, 2014, 1:21 am Yes I am running in full screen. It's weird really. I'm wondering if it has to do with my connection issues I get once or twice a race. I usually don't see any glitch when people say I warped. But with this the wheel is affected when i actually see something. I ran a test for the graphics card and it seems ok. Temperatures all look good.

I can try that with leaving the lobby and shutting them off. That may solve the error messages. Maybe it will solve it all. Honestly I think with my connection issue it has something to do with outside for me warping once or twice a race. But luckily I am moving July 31st, so hoping that will be resolved too.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do that tomorrow night for sure and see.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

SteeveMelson wrote: July 16th, 2014, 10:30 pm forgot to mention i tried getting out of SMS and back in again and the error popups were still there. I did however notice my g/f on her laptop and I asked if she could get off of it to see if that would help during the race. It still kind of glitched out and started to freeze on me during the race about 6 or 7 times. I then went really quick to check the temperature of my graphics card and it was only 54. So that's no big deal there.

My buddy told me that seeing as the problem keeps getting worse and worse it could be with the cable outside. They did notice a bit of signal loss awhile back when i was trying to figure it out. He says that the copper on the wires buried underground outside will corrode and the problem will get worse over time. So I am praying that when i move in a couple weeks that all will be good. Just hoping I dont get booted out before then.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Optimus Prime wrote: July 16th, 2014, 10:49 pm Yes, the cable scenario is possible. Another fact a friend at the cable company told me is that if there is even the slightest loose connection outside anywhere, when the sun goes down in the evening, those loose fittings cool and contract, and that is when you may notice something.

Did you X out those pop ups when you exited the lobby the first time? Mine do not return if I do.

As long as your wheel thing isn't acting up, you connection issues do not seem bad at all and it may not be worth chasing ghosts until you see if you still have the issue at the new place in a couple weeks.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

SteeveMelson wrote: July 17th, 2014, 1:26 am yes i X'd off the 2 error messages, but when i went back in and came back out 1 of them was still there and then the wingman error one was there. I dont think it's SMS or profiler though now. I did some graphics card testing and CPU testing. that all seems fine. I am gonna test the ethernet and call the cable company to test my line from their end. I just would like to know what it is. That way I will know that it will be better for sure when i move. Right now it is unknown.

I think when the game glitches when I am in the corner, it may do something with the steering, such as reset the center of the wheel. Not sure. The glitches just started though. I will post my findings when or if it can be resolved. It may become helpful to somebody else later on who has similar issues.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

DavidDay wrote: July 27th, 2014, 5:40 pm This will help a couple error messages that pop up. Turn off Windows Error Reporting.

Return to “Technical Help”