Game crashes to desktop when trying to join server

Need help with anything...post here.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

Game crashes to desktop when trying to join server

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Jesse_klein52 wrote: October 7th, 2015, 10:33 pm My game launches to go into the server then crashes to desktop and just shows a blank screen and says windows desktop manager stopped working any clues?

Windows 7 pro
Avast anti virus

DEP IS Disabled
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Re: Game crashes to desktop when trying to join server

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Optimus Prime wrote: October 7th, 2015, 11:06 pm Guessing this is a new issue Jesse?

A message like that is normally showing on my desktop when I exit the lobby from a cheat detection server.

I do recall something about Avast. If you've done and checked all the normal things (running as administrator, etc..), try disabling Avast or temporarily uninstalling it to see if there is a difference.

Also, I did receive a security update to my windows 7 on Tuesday, however I have yet to install it. Did you update since your last successful connection?

Just my couple thoughts. Please post here if do solve the issue so others can have the info if it happens to them.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Jesse_klein52 wrote: October 8th, 2015, 1:37 pm Well its my stepdads computer who go me into racing and im getting him back into it to race with us on mondays and thursdays and im fairly sure i had avast turned off but ill have to check

im sure he did update so im not sure if that has anything to do with it
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

timoshark1 wrote: October 8th, 2015, 3:25 pm If it kicks you back when you launch SMS, make sure the name in the game matches the name in SMS. :thumbsup:
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Optimus Prime wrote: October 8th, 2015, 3:53 pm Yes, if it isn't the same computer you have just been racing with, then there are many possibilities. Start with those simple ones and also make sure the game runs offline without the lobby as well. If it's kicking you immediately, doubt it would be something like werfault.

Return to “Technical Help”