Help with Momo

Need help with anything...post here.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

Help with Momo

Post by JeremyJeffries »

DodgeMan4345 wrote: July 25th, 2019, 11:10 pm I have the Momo with the red band. Now I did ask this question on the Facebook page and was told to come here. The answer I am looking for doesn't seem to be on here. I have having issues with the gas pedal not going all the way to the floor in the game. I think all the way down but when you go into the replay mode it is not showing the line full of green. Now I know that you can take the pedals apart to clean them. It seems like I am starting to have to do that pretty often. I thought I saw somebody post on the Facebook page but maybe it was their own personal page about the same question. I thought at the time somebody had posted a more permanent fix where you wouldn't have to pull the pedals apart every time and clean them. Now that I was looking for it again I can't seem to find it. So the main question is, does anybody have or know what that permanent fix might be? Thanks.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Re: Help with Momo

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Optimus Prime wrote: July 26th, 2019, 8:18 am Many people have had this problem. It’s the potentiometers or “pots” on the pedal assembly. They do need to be cleaned out as you described. Many ways to do this with the simplest and least invasive being use a vacuum cleaner then canned air nozzle then vacuum again. The longer term fix you speak of is out there on YouTube. Just search cleaning pedal potentiometers or racing wheel pedal problem etc.. Sorry no time to find the exact videos but they’re definitely out there. Good luck!
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Re: Help with Momo

Post by JeremyJeffries »

DodgeMan4345 wrote: August 1st, 2019, 11:32 pm Thank you for the help and sorry I was not able to get back t you sooner. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it that far. I have been pretty busy with work so I really haven't had the time to sit down and watch those videos to learn how to get things done properly. Right now, I won't be needing them any time soon. Lol. I was able to get the pedals cleaned out for the quick fix so I could get back to racing. I have 2 sets. One of them has been needing to be cleaned for a while now. The second one that I was using started acting up where it wasn't showing the gas going all the way down even though I felt like it. After I cleaned them I plugged the one set back in, the one that has been needing to be cleaned for a while. The gas pedal on that one wouldn't work at all. Then I plugged the second set in, the one I had been using more recently. The gas pedal was working on that one all the way through practice. Then get a few laps into the race and the gas pedal on that set just quit working on me. So unfortunately it looks like the gas pedal on both of my sets of pedals are shot.

Return to “Technical Help”