New Wheel

Need help with anything...post here.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

New Wheel

Post by JeremyJeffries »

DodgeMan4345 wrote: December 25th, 2019, 11:37 pm As you may see per my post on the Facebook group page, I just got a G29 for Christmas. It's actually not hooked up yet. Lol. I do hope to have it hooked up soon. So any tips or tricks for this wheel? I do hear that it seems like a lot of people have this wheel or have had it. Profiler? I do have a profiler since I have been using a Logitech Momo wheel? I am guessing that the G29 would use the same profiler except the settings might have to be changed? Lastly, what are everyone's thoughts on using an actual shifter (the one that you can get for the wheel) verses using the paddles to shift? Thanks.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Re: New Wheel

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Joe Wewer wrote: December 26th, 2019, 7:46 pm Very nice wheel, I got mine about 4 months ago. After a 13 years break from racing. What windows are you running?
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

DodgeMan4345 wrote: December 26th, 2019, 10:45 pm Maybe unfortunately but I am running Windows 7.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Joe Wewer wrote: December 26th, 2019, 11:59 pm Well with windows 10 the logitech gaming software bugs out at time. The buttons stop[ working while on the track. I run the logitech GHub and it works fine. Your old logitech momo profiler won't work with the G29. You can try either the gaming software or ghub. But before installing make sure you fully uninstall the old logitech software. I use revo uninstaller as it uninstalls any left over stuff windows leaves on your PC.
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/detail ... aller.html
Plug in your usb plug from the wheel into a standard usb port NOT a usb 3. Install the software and set it up. You may have to unplug usb and plug it back in for the software to find your wheel. If you need any help let me know and we can do this over teamspeak or phone. I can give you my setting but you may want to see if some fast guys got something better.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

DodgeMan4345 wrote: December 27th, 2019, 11:21 pm Thank you Joe for all of that information. I will be keeping that in mind.

Return to “Technical Help”