Game crashes to desktop & error message

Need help with anything...post here.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 1

Game crashes to desktop & error message

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Moondog wrote: May 27th, 2015, 7:18 pm If you are having problems with your game crashing to desktop and getting a can't read memory error message. Wheel profile won't work in game.

SKIP THIS IF WINDOWS SYSTEM IS OLDER THAN WINDOWS 7

Windows 7 or newer the first step is to turn off DEP by running Command Prompt as admin. then copy and paste bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff
into window. Restart computer.

If you running Windows 8 or 8.1 you might have to go into BIOS setup and in the menus look for anything that says UEFI/Secure Boot. There, you can turn it OFF by safely setting your hardware to work in Legacy Mode Before you can turn off DEP. After you turn off DEP you can go back into BIOS setup and change settings back to UEIF/Secure Boot if you want to. Not needed though.

If you have done this and DEP is disabled and still have problem then go to C:\Papyrus\NASCAR Racing 2003 Season
open your core.ini file with notepad go down to

[Memory]
MaxBlockSize=4194304
minPhsyMemWontUse=0
NumEmptyPools=3
PoolSize=4194304

Change MaxBlockSize= to 524288
Change PoolSize= to 524288

Now game should work fine wheel profile should be working fine and no more error messages.

No need to disable error messages this is just hiding the problem not fixing it.

I hope this helps all of you having problems with game crashing and wheel profile not working.

Now if you still having same problem then go to your toolbox and find the biggest hammer you got and destroy that dam computer because There is nothing else that I can think of to fix your problem.

Rick Moon (AKA) Moondog
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Re: Game crashes to desktop & error message

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Matt Lesniewski wrote: June 7th, 2015, 1:38 pm i have question about update and default when ya switch unzip core ini. will the number change to 524288 when unip?

i changed in papyrus core with notepad change it to 524288. so now when ya unzip default whats gonna happen ? also update what gonna happen?
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Matt Lesniewski wrote: June 7th, 2015, 8:19 pm ok default core shows
maxblocksize 131072

poolsize 524288

updated core
maxblocksize 4194304
poolsize 4194304

i did changed core in papyrus folder ..
when unzip core update it changed back to this maxblocksize?
how do u can change fix it with default and update core? can t change into update and default . every tiem to race will have to change it in papyrus every time .. ?
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Optimus Prime wrote: June 7th, 2015, 10:47 pm Matt, you shouldn't have to make the changes every time.

Don't use the automatic core file switcher. Manually change it whenever needed, by cutting the core file out of the game directory then pasting it into a safe location like your documents folder and store the other core file there as well and move that one into my game. In the documents folder, I make two folders, one named "original core" and the other named "updated core" and store whatever file I am not using in the appropriate one.

If you make your changes to both core files and then switch them this way, you won't have to edit them again.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Matt Lesniewski wrote: June 9th, 2015, 6:38 pm oh ok i see alright got it THANKS sean prime :good:

still can t get in sms lobby . working on werfault also antivirus keep blocking sms lobby i did turned it off it still cut me off .. i dont know how to get this fixed. lol.
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Matt Lesniewski wrote: June 11th, 2015, 10:44 am i don't think u really understand . i am not certifed , genius computer well being know how do it all computer to fix like u guys and i admitt i am terrible following up instructions. lol. sorry .. i am fear to get mess up pc i dont want it happen and also i do not have warranty for this new pc that i dont wanna spend too much money 1 year for 200 bucks and 3 years for 500 bucks really dumb price for warranty sound crazy to me . i trust u people i know that would help me get this fixed i truly appreciate if u can help me i am terrible following instruction cuz sometimes instruction is what u do on ur pc exactly but mine is little different like skippy instructions. i miss racing w u guys .. i want race here so bad . sorry i am struggle.. i understand how hard is it to find a time to help .
thank you
have nice daY :good:
JeremyJeffries
RTG Staff Member

Post by JeremyJeffries »

Matt Lesniewski wrote: October 12th, 2015, 7:16 pm it was problem was that CD of nr2003 .. got it removed ran no cd patch boom it worked.. i be in soon after season is over ..

Return to “Technical Help”