Broadcast events...Worth the money?

Post anything to do with RTR here.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 84

Re: Broadcast events...Worth the money?

Post by riccisand »

Silverstone wrote: January 26th, 2012, 2:17 pm Very Well Said Tim! I love the broadcast races, the're a lot of fun. I also love the superspeedways and I look forward to Monday and Thursday nights although I would be just as happy to participate in a broadcast race at a shorter track. Thanks to RTR, MSR and TNT for all the time and money that you guys put into this, I am very glad that I discovered online racing last fall, and I personally think that a few dollar donation now and again is the least that league members can do.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

rob83 wrote: January 26th, 2012, 2:25 pm Maybe about 2-3 years ago when NR2003 was really @ its peak, I would say the broadcast events were worth the $.. It WAS a great way to lure people to you league and advertise. But now if you go look there is always less the 10 people viewing the events, and some of them are probley guys in the event listening from another computer.lol.. Its just my opinion but the broadcast doesn't really bring anything to the league anymore. I think a big prize race @ the end of each season and advertising giving away a wheel or a trophy w/e, would give back more 2 the drivers in the league and would still have the same effect of luring people into the league.. If you wanted it to be recorded for people to watch after there is plenty of people that can take the replay and record it and upload it to the RTR site. You would just need to find someone with a sexy voice to talk.lol :banghead:
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

gbell6 wrote: January 26th, 2012, 3:27 pm Your right Rob , but why would we advertise anything when we can dam near fill a field with any of the leagues here/track or mod...everybody shows up to them.
If I got this right , ... all of the donations come back to us anyway , ... not the guys who dont race here on a regular basis to win a brand new wheel , or whatever it is.

Everybody that has posted so far all have valid points ...I would rather watch a replay of everyone that races here battling , then to have a keepsake etc that nobody can see.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

timoshark1 wrote: January 26th, 2012, 3:31 pm You know Gary, I wish I was smart enough to make vids. Nothin beats a TC video!!!!
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

F Hill wrote: January 26th, 2012, 4:09 pm Is this where I ask for a TC vid of a TNT race lol? The bottom line we do what we do because we enjoy it. Nobody is getting rich off it and when the day is done all we can hope for is we had fun and it was successful.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

JoshM wrote: January 30th, 2012, 8:28 pm Well I'll go ahead and throw my 2 cents in. I did find RTR thru a TV race (Aero Wars) so that is how I ended up here. Like most people, I agree with both sides of the discussion. I think there was a time when TV races could be used to attract new drivers but today it is more of a "Thank You" to the drivers that make the racing so good here and help pay the bills.

I like SS racing but I like the small tracks and twisties alot too. I think we have had some good races on non-SS tracks during the Birthday Bash before and a short track could be some good watching for OLR TV. With the Sprint Cup and Nationwide series starting up next month, TNT's new league on Tuesdays, the New England series on Fridays, and Crazy's Sunday dirt series, there is something for everyone. I think the SS racing is so popular because those are the easiest tracks to drive, the SS racing here IS really good, and it also is a more level playing field with the draft. Hell will freeze over before I win at Bristol or Richmond, but everyone, myself included, has a legimate shot at Daytona and Dega.

As far as how the money should be spent, I think the TV stuff is fun if you have the money and the people donating want them. Trophies are a nice gesture, but they don't do much for me personally. If I earned a trophy, I'd probably ask that the money be spent on a Watkins Glen or Indianapolis TV race!
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Tooslow wrote: February 20th, 2012, 10:19 pm There will be a short meeting Monday Feb. 20th right after The BBR race to discuss some issues with Broadcast races @ RTR.

Return to “RTR General Discussion”