R FACTOR DIRT SERIES INTERESTED? YES/NO?

Post anything to do with RTR here.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member
Car#: 84

R FACTOR DIRT SERIES INTERESTED? YES/NO?

Post by riccisand »

Crazy wrote: May 7th, 2012, 3:21 pm I spoke with bones/2slow and told them I was taking this current summer series off on sunday nights due to burn out syndrome. I have decided to try my hand at R factor again since there are so many new Mods out there and wanna know if it peeks interest here for perhaps a fall series. With a few connections here/there I have found a few leagues with a few of my old DTR racers from yrs back
Rf is not as user friendly as n2k3 first off,however there are some new dirt Mods out there that allow you to run a basic setup and be competitve. I ran my first race last night (14th out of 20 cars) using some new street stocks and had a blast. The game itself is totally different and is made for dirt,contact is no where as touchy as it is in n2k3,you can get right sideways and almost loop it and still correct it and not bring out a yellow either. Lots of rubbin and door to door contact,the cars perform better than they do on n2k3 and the tracks are just awesome I have tried out.
Now I know n2k3 still offers us a fun series and is pretty basic to get up and running,so if we were to try RF again keep in mind you will not be adapt quickly it will take time but the end result could be one worth trying.
Cost of a new Rf server is another thing we must take into account and 2slow will look into that shortly,but I just wanna no who if any would wanna run some dirt Rfactor?

There are 2 new latemodels + Har is coming out with a new version, there are mini lates,mod lites,modifieds and crate lates to consider + the street stocks I ran . I would suggest we take one simple MOD,maybe a crate version or pro stock/street stock and run 1 to 3 tracks to get accustomed to the MOD,the track and the handling of the car to see if its worth the time and effort

is there interest in R dirt? If so maybe we get a server and even run a few test runs this summer on a trial basis
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Re: R FACTOR DIRT SERIES INTERESTED? YES/NO?

Post by riccisand »

Dustin Roser wrote: May 7th, 2012, 6:35 pm i would definitely be interested
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

JoshM wrote: May 8th, 2012, 8:29 am I would be interested too.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Cyber wrote: May 8th, 2012, 8:46 am I would like to try racing some rFactor dirt mods ......
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Silverstone wrote: May 8th, 2012, 5:04 pm I would love to, but I can't do Sundays.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

MattWoehl wrote: May 8th, 2012, 8:26 pm Im always down for factor. Good to look at some tracks though and make sure they test good. maybe have one or 2 nights of just testing multiple tracks (run a 15 lapper or something) with, like you said, a easy run car. I remember having a great race with the league before at I think it was RPM in streets. There was 7 or 8 cars battling for first!
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

DavidDay wrote: May 9th, 2012, 12:12 am Love me some rFactor! Definitely take a look at those DWD Modifieds version 1.0, they are amazing.
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

Matt Lesniewski wrote: May 11th, 2012, 7:50 pm ohhh i dont think so. it destroy my pc hard drive when i download rfactor ..
i wouldn't give a thought but i have own CD rfactor came with g27 steering wheel so i am not sure to trust that crap.. :lol:
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

skullbreather97 wrote: May 14th, 2012, 7:45 am i'd only be into street stocks
but i'd give it a fair shot either way
riccisand
RTG Staff Member

Post by riccisand »

BrandonChretien wrote: May 20th, 2012, 10:15 amyes..

Return to “RTR General Discussion”